After being in the so-called "Truth" makes me despise all religions.

by Fader812 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fader812
    Fader812

After being a JW made me lose trust in religion, from the lies, hypocrisy and greed of this organization made me lose faith completely. What does one do after this mind f$%@, what is there to look forward to? Do I make up my own agnostic theory in head and hope for the best?

• alanv
    alanv

Yes I am the same as you. Watchtower did a good job of showing the hypocrisy and lies in other religions, and I realized after a while they were no better, and in many ways worse. So now I am free to lead my life as I want to. I have no fear at all of some great being in the sky watching my every move. So loving life now and especially so as I am now retired.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    The fact that you have to ask, shows the old mindset of having some sage to give you the answer is still present. Yes, make up your own theory. My thinking is, if there is a God he's an ass for not making himself known directly rather than setting up all these charlatans to me or other sincere ones. I lost respect for Him, (if he's there, and I don't believe he is), as much as I have in men who say they represent him. But, please don't take my word for it. Get your own dogma! lol
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I know what you mean re religion. After my "faith" shattering experience with JWs I view all organized religion as businesses selling a version of salvation they cannot deliver IOW the ultimate scam!

As far as the deeper questions of life go, give yourself time because now you have the freedom to investigate and research anything you like and like everyone else you will come to your own conclusions and be free to adjust them as you learn more.

• Fader812
    Fader812

Yes, a major ass. There was no love, just pain and humiliation. I lost out on some of the best years of my life trying to recruit people that didnt care and whatever I did it was not good enough because there was always somebody getting more hours than you.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread.

"Faith" should not replace LOGIC, FACTS and EVIDENCE.

It is for that reason that I no longer subscribe to any religious system.

I thank the WT society in part for helping me to see that all "faiths" are based on FOG (Fear Obligation Guilt) and NOT on evidence.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Fader812 ,your not alone my friend their are many on this board that have already gone through what you are going through and believe me some have much worse experiences than most of us.

Stick around, ask questions, share your point of view ,you wont be judged its a discussion forum where you can say what you want and wont be hurled before a JC committee.LOL

I look forward to your future posts.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

In my opinion it is all based on ancient myth and calculated through ignorance. Powerful overlords have ensured it exists to the present day. I am truly staggered that so many still buy into it in the face of evidence to the contrary. No one chose to be born.... we know we will die... make best use of the interim, their is much to be gained and enjoyed if we are positive in our existence. I wish you well.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Same here.

One bitten, twice shy as they say. Now i demand evidence for anything im going to believe, and even then im never so bold as to say it's 100% accurate.

Living with a logical and reasoning mindset is such a wonderful way to live.

• Tallon
    Tallon
    One bitten, twice shy as they say. Now i demand evidence for anything im going to believe, and even then im never so bold as to say it's 100% accurate.

Couldn't agree more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit