Stranger asks about your kids mental wellness. ..

by purrpurr 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Last night at the meeting there was a suggested presentation about the new mags, which cover the issue of depression in minors. The jw jumps straight from "hi how are ya" to "how is your kids mental well-being " and of course the HH is more than happy to discuss the inner workings of their child's mind with a stranger whose just knockedmon their door(!)

I mean just how likely is this? If it was me I'd be majorly creeper out!

And then also in another presentation the brother asks the HH "do you text?" Which apparently is a really good trick to get someone's number, and of course the HH happily shares it.

So detached from reality

• Saethydd
    Saethydd
    I was thinking the exact same thing in those few moments I looked up from reading "Reluctant Apostate" to see what tripe they are pushing this month. Perhaps they should start sending these videos out to householders so they know the appropriate responses to such situations.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Was that in the video presentations?

• tiki
    tiki

Good grief....the kid thing is downright ignorant and rude. Responsible parents who have kids with issues seek professional behavioral health care..not some dodo on the doorstep with a stupid article written by some bozo without a clue.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Is there a transcript for this?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Stranger asks about your kids mental wellness. ..

of course the HH is more than happy to discuss the inner workings of their child's mind with a stranger whose just knocked on their door(!)

https://missyjbetts.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/h2e92b97d.jpg

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

My children are just fine they've just come back from the Kingdom Hall for their weekly brainwashing.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sSG0OPVwugY/VVj7QoXYe7I/AAAAAAAAW4s/gX0s-4Lc2SY/s1600/01%2Bvillage-of-the-damned-original%2B%E2%80%94%2Bbrainwashed%2Bchildren%2Bschool.jpg

• blondie
    blondie

AWAKE!

Awake! No. 1 2017 | Teen Depression—Why? What Can Help?

Question: Reports of teen depression seem to be increasing at an alarming rate. What do you think can be done about the problem?

Offer: This magazine offers some suggestions on how teens can deal with depression and how their parents can help.

---------------

I don't think the written version suggests you ask them specifically about their own children, but more how one can help others. Video is at the site below:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/jw-meeting-workbook/february-2017-mwb/ministry-presentations/

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The truth is that JWs have little respect for people around them. How could they? Unless these people change their lives and respond positively to their preaching, God will hate them so much that he will kill them and leave their corps to rot and feed the birds.

This lack of respect transpires in the way they talk to people and how they invade their privacy.

For instance, we have been told numerous time to be observant of the things around the house and to use deduction. For instance, you notice a Catholic calendar on a wall inside the house: you know you’ll talk to a catholic and may steer the conversation around hell fire. These tactics make sense for investigators, but in reality, they are invasive sales tactics betraying a total lack of respect for the individuals.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Another thing, I fail to see how further burdening your teenager with strict rules that build their "spirituality," will somehow make them less depressed. Especially, rules which, by nature of and adolescents physiology and psychology they can not but help to fall short of, in their thoughts if not their actions. If anything this is likely to spiral them further into depression, based on feelings of guilt, a phenomenon I'm all too familiar with amongst my peers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit