Stranger asks about your kids mental wellness. ..

by purrpurr 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Asking the kid question is far too intrusive. If I was asked that question by some stranger on my door, I would be thinking what business is that of yours?
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Londo111: Is there a transcript for this?

Yes, and video

Sister: We're calling out of genuine concern for our neighbors and children. It seems that reports of teen depression are increasing at an alarming rate. May I ask do you have teenage children?

Householder:Yes I do. I have a thirteen-year-old son and a seventeen-year-old daughter.

Sister: Well I'm sure that just like any good parent you're concerned about their well-being.

Householder: Of course, and so far they're doing pretty well.

Sister: I'm glad to hear that. When you consider the problem of teen depression, what do you think can be done about it?

Householder: I really don't know.

Sister: At Matthew 5:3 Jesus Christ emphasize the importance of satisfying our spiritual need. Notice what it says 'happy are those conscious of their spiritual need.' Do you think that could help teenagers to deal with depression?

Householder: Perhaps.

Sister: This magazine offers additional suggestions on how teens can deal with depression, and how their parents can help. Would you like to read it?

Householder: Sure that looks interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDgPzCOol0g

• Spiral
    Spiral

I actually had a couple of JWs at my door the other afternoon, caught me totally by surprise. They didn't know me so it gave me an opportunity to just listen and look at the situation from the householder's perspective.

My reaction was...... what the heck??? what strangeness is this??? why would someone come to the door and ask this question to a stranger???

Wait, I used to do this..... no wonder people think JWs are nuts. It made me realize just how far removed from reality the JWs are.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs have been asking inappropriate personal questions and of householders for sometime now, it's kinda been their signature move at the door that distinguishes them from mormons and avon.

They have hides like a rhino when it comes to intrusive and would be the perfect people to sell adult diapers door to door for this reason.

• Raque Invierno
    Raque Invierno
    If anything this is likely to spiral them further into depression, based on feelings of guilt

My thoughts exactly, a trap made up of an empty promise isn't going to help anyone.

• blondie
    blondie

I guess it helps to post what you are talking about on your initial post. All I had was what was in the CLAM.

What I do find strange is that they would talk to non-jws at the door about depression but in my 50 years in the WTS no one ever did that with suffering jws. If they were lucky there was one overworked elder who tried his best to help them and burnt out himself.

It's all just PR for the WTS.

I remember being with an elder featuring an Awake on astronomy and I knew he couldn't pick out the big dipper on a clear night. The man at the door asked him what the article said and the elder admitted he had not read it yet. It turned out that the man was the head of the astronomy department at the university and found scientific inaccuracies in the first 2 paragraphs. The elder got defensive and walked away.

I doubt if any jws ever use that presentation....just the same old generic one. I only have 50 years of d2d with hundreds of various jws to base that on.

• zeb
    zeb

Knock on a door in Australia and ask about a child withins mental state here in Australia would be seen as a judgement of the parents and in their face. You will likely be told to "F*** off!"

The ARC is not far from peoples minds and they would be highly suspicious as to your motives.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well my kids were just fine until you came knocking !

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fGK0cp9rgFo/maxresdefault.jpg

• smiddy
    smiddy

Outlaw and Finkelstein those were funny

• smiddy
    smiddy

Me , knocking my head against my computer desk after watching that video saying "I cant believe I used to do this shit" forgive me HH for I know not what I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit