Convention

by Gorbatchov 14 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Use the money you otherwise would have wasted on this for donations? And I suppose that, next year, they will have to donate that amount of money in addition to wasting it on the Grand Boasting Session?

My response: Banning all donations to this filthy organization. You are probably hurting for money right now, unless you are working in "essential services". And even if you are working in "essential services", you never know when you are going to get hit with a big medical bill due to coronavirus complications (whether direct or not). You need the money to pay your own bills. You need the money for food and possibly medicine. You may need the money for supplements to throttle the infection. What right does the washtowel have to steal it?

Even if you are financially secure and have plenty to waste, why not put it aside? Invest in hard assets if you are in a position to do so (right now, there is a silver shortage--even at a $14 spot, rolls of silver quarters are priced more in line with a $20-25 spot). Whether or not you dare to gamble by buying stocks that are beat-up or leave money in the bank, putting it somewhere is a good idea. Do you have, for instance, enough food to last for 6 months of political instability or communism? Probably you lack enough for a 2 week quarantine, let alone for a 6 month shortage or official rationing. With whatever money you would have wasted on this wastefest, start buying whatever supplies you can to fix this (obviously, if you are under purchase limits, you need to respect them but you can order stuff online).

And, if this passes and you are left with substantial cash on hand (physical or digital), you can always spend or invest it later. You can use that money to take that vacation--which could well be the last one before the permanent lockdown under full communism. You can use it to treat yourself to a luxury--perhaps upgrading your computer, perhaps buying new furniture or new toys, perhaps getting that music downloaded that you couldn't afford to before. Maybe even a few new video games--of course, I do not recommend video games where you have to pay for the console and the game AND pay to play your own games. But, you might be able to pick up a Nintendo New 3DS and 15 or 20 games for a good price, now that the system is obsolete.

Or, you can disregard this and obey the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger by wasting the money promoting global communism. You will regret that decision when the consequences of catching coronavirus and being without food, or a more serious lockdown for communism comes and you lack food and entertainment.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I am so pleased that with each passing year since I left the cult this kind of news is of lesser and lesser importance. If I were in the cult still I would count my blessings of not spending money to travel, house and feed myself in some dump to listen to the drivel. At least now you can sleep during talks without any public guilt.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    My wife said they could meet together to watch video stream at hall or do it via zoom depending on area and covid outbreak at the time
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Whatever they do, it's going to be very "un-conventional"!

just saying!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Called a friend. First words were this will be the best one ever.

I am sure there will be rules about dressing up no eating, and certainly no glass of rum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit