Question

by Gorb 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Who needs a religion, when you can directly get the bank to do your dirty work for you?!

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58826491

The WTS makes plenty of money from free labor, donations and property deals. They have no big cash businesses that would enable them to launder money and no need to do so - the risk would far outweigh any reward for them.

• Simon
    Simon
    They gamble in stocks and shares quite hypocritically.

Investing isn't the same as gambling, unless you are picking stocks by throwing a dart at a page for the S&P 500.

You have far more chance of making decent returns on investments compared to gambling, where you are statistically guaranteed to loose.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Keep in mind, the main reason to launder money (in the US) is to avoid paying taxes. The WTBS is a church and doesn't pay taxes they have no need to hide their income.

To answer the OP (if I understand the question correctly) in some ways a church would be a good vehicle for cleaning dirty money. Every Sunday you have the pimps and drug dealers drop the week's earnings into the collection plate. Then you split the money however you want as payments to contractors, salaries etc. The down side is you'd have to have a lot of church staff in on the scam, and possibly a bank or two. I suspect that would lead to a visit from the IRS, see Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Thanks for all answers!

G.

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Better Call Saul

• pontoon
    pontoon

It's not laundering as previously noted. That being said I doubt there is more than a handful of people that know the TOTAL SUM of all the $.$$$.$$$.$$$ earned from real estate, rentals, dividends, stocks, contributions, inheritances, insurance policies when they repair storm damage with free labor and whatever other business ventures they are in. Bet the number crunchers don't know the SUM TOTAL. Maybe their particular department (real estate, contributions....etc) but not the SUM TOTAL from all the branches and corporations. Probably in the BILLIONS. I was account servant years ago when they stopped the local reading the accounts report in the congregations, I knew they were up to something sketchy. After that they said to send our bank accounts into Mother for safe keeping but they made it sound like it was the local congregations decision to do that. I rallied against it. I lost. I never donated another penny, When did the Flock ever gat a accounts report from them beyond once in a while we spent $$ on CO's or something?? Bunch of sneaky thieving crooks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit