Question

by Gorb 25 Replies latest jw friends

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Answering your question in general, I think it would be pretty hard to use a religion for money laundering. You could feed the "dirty money" in easily but how would you get the "clean money" out? Money tends to flow only one way for religious organizations, WTS included.

Real estate is the classic money laundering vehicle, though of course there are others.

That said, there are some pretty enterprising folks in the underworld. Perhaps someone more clever than I has figured out a way to do it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Whether it be termed money laundering or some other named Real Estate ? scam ?,I can`t understand why the USA govt.,taxation ,IRS ? if that`s what it`s called hasn`t investigated and prosecuted the GB ? / JW so called religious organization for not being a not for profit organization ?

When they make billions of dollars in real estate deals and rake in millions of dollars in contributions for charitable works when they do no charitable works at all ? Nothing for their own members and certainly nothing for non members.

• zachias
    zachias

"Where the carcass lies there the eagles gather."

• Gorb
    Gorb

Thanks all.

My conclusion is that jw.org could be an instrument for money grabbing and laundring.

G.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I hate Watchtower! They con so much money out of grand parents ( durning the great depression) and their higher ups lived high on the hog with a custom home built in San Diego and two Cadillacs. While my grand parents had to scrape by empty promises. Then, they did the same thing with my parents. The can't pull that nonsense with me.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

If the money to be laundered is cash, it would be easy to take that money in donations at a convention. Then, there are many ways to direct it back to an individual or company where they would benefit. WTBTS needs rolls of paper for their presses? We have a new supplier of paper and will do all business with him or her even though they are marking the rolls up 1000 times the actual cost. If someone in an official capacity questions the transaction, "why would you pay 1000 times more, just claim volunteer incompetence, have just enough edge to claim to plausible deniability and change to some other means. WTBTS only reports the minimum necessary to governments.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Money Laundering is the process of introducing illegally obtained money back into the economy. Sometimes this occurs through a series of complex bank or commercial transfers, and other times it’s as simple as a cash transaction.

The goal is to exchange the illegally acquired money (dirty money) for legally acquired money (clean money), and therefore, avoid suspicion from law enforcement. Money laundering is also a key ingredient in terrorist financing, and has important consequences from a compliance perspective.

In the US, money laundering took off in the 1920s during the prohibition era. As alcohol was made illegal in the US, a profitable black market soon arose to fill the boozy gap. Organized crime boomed as the demand for alcohol rose.

You may have heard of Al Capone, who was a major mob boss in Chicago. It is rumored that the term “money laundering” originated from Capone, as he set up laundromats across the city in order to disguise the origin of the money earned from alcohol sales. Any illicit profits would simply be added to the revenue generated by the laundromats and thus re-introduced into the financial system.

The History Of Money Laundering - KYC-Chain

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

What a relief! And here I've been looking over my shoulder every time I pulled a soggy bill out of the washer that had been left in a pocket!

Next you'll be telling me that I don't need to close the shades and turn off the lights when I cut tags off of mattresses!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Great Teacher, better be careful, you could end up like this:

http://www.marksverylarge.com/images/7202cover_l.jpg

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Wow! I'll have to up my game. I never thought about wearing gloves!

I'm gonna check my mattress for fingerprints right now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit