Hospitality for speaker

by road to nowhere 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Circuit overseers like telling other people how to spend their money

• Biahi
    Biahi

I used to have a fantasy…if I was ever disfellowshipped, I would sit in the hall, in the front row. After the announcement, I would stand up and yell out, “ Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I am free at last.” Then I would hold up my middle finger to everyone, and finish off with “And I won’t be back.” But alas, I am a fader, never disfellowshipped. 👍🏻

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The hospitality list arrrrrgh

I remember one particular time, when my family got assigned for hospitality. Since the meeting ended at 3 pm. we offered to take them to the local coffee shop for coffee and muffins, but the speaker and his wife had other plans. He flat out said that he was hoping to go somewhere for a nice meal. Talk about being entitled.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEAT BLUE DOG:

I’m glad you liked my fast food comment and, yes, maybe that is too good for some of these arrogant COs…They can also sleep in their vehicle if they have one.

Guess you can tell I have no use for anybody who knocked responsible working people..but yet imagined they were going to be offered ‘hospitality’ or handouts or whatever. Just as well I’m Out of that religion. I would have a hard time being civil if anybody came up to me asking for anything.

WANNAEXIT:

What nerve. I don’t need to tell you where this character can go.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    What nerve. I don’t need to tell you where this character can go.

LongHairGal , this experience closed the door for us. We never put our name to host any other moron.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I didn't know they had an assigned rotation for hospitality. In my old Kingdom Hall there was a sign-up sheet on the announcement board with constant reminders in the weekly announcements that they needed volunteers to fill the slots.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Ours goes by bookstudy service group so it spreads the money burden a bit.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When I was young, my parents had a villa and the elders asked my parents to host the CO. The CO and his wife loved staying at the villa for the views. And of course my mother and grandmother would cook up a three course meal. I over heard the CO asking my dad for money. About 15k for the Kingdumb work. My dad never gave in to his request. The next local needs talk by the CO was about materialism. Elders and the CO'S keep coming to the villa. Even after my Dad pass away.

• solomon
    solomon

Being on the informally shunned list has its benefits. We don’t have to take the speaker out to lunch.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Fooled no more, wow, lotta nerve of the CO. Asking for a specific (large) amount of money. Wow. 🤮😧

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit