Hospitality for speaker

by road to nowhere 20 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There seem to be hospitality starting again. Fully vaccinated and assume masked. Neither a set in stone rule.

I always hated t h e shakedown for funds. At times we did not have it. If there was a relaxing of rules I missed it. Atlantis would have a directive if it came from the top.

Is service far behind? Maybe even seeing to visiting some shutins as alluded to in another post--nah, can't count time.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Hospitality?

Not from me! I told them a few years ago to take me off their assigned list, and thankfully I now no longer need to worry about any of that. It is NOT hospitality when it is forced upon one with the, "you are assigned to provide a meal for the speaker t his Sunday."

Even though I no longer attend except for the occasional Zoom pop-in I still make it a point to stop by any who are shut-in or for some other valid reason not able to have personal contact with other people. The only negative comment I have heard was second hand from a ministerial servant who complained that I was not an active JW and should not be associating with the active JW shut-ins or elderly.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

Hospitality? 🤣 Yeah. Me neither!

After listening to visiting Circuit Overseers years ago knocking people like me who had full-time jobs/careers saying we weren’t spiritual because we weren’t ‘pioneering’ .. I would NEVER have offered them anything.

As far as I was concerned, they could order that special or a Number 5 with fries at a fast food place and eat it in the parking lot.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Long hair gal: my wife pioneered for a few years and still wasn't spiritual enough so yeah we get that. When I got reinstated I wasn't allowed to go out because of my beard and got ridiculed for not going out in service. You want us out or not? So we chose for them and it was not

• hoser
    hoser

If field service is next they probably require proof of vax which makes it easy for me to opt out.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JUDGERUSSELLFORD:

Isn’t it funny how they push people out the door?

It always seemed to me they arrogantly delighted in telling somebody they were disfellowshipped. They then imagined the DFd person was going to come crawling on their belly to be reinstated. They then would tell such ones they were ‘not ready’ and had to wait longer and demonstrate their ‘repentance’, etc.

Now they can’t even get people to stay in the religion. Serves them right.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Long haired gal: they act sad but its good and easy to see bad and fake acting. They made me jump hoops for almost 2 years. Got reinstated and then restricted me from everything except commenting. They once pulled me in the back room, pulled out my old service record from my pioneering years and said they want me to do that again, you know, to work for them for free. But they wanted me to do it without my god given face hair.

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

I like someone is using a variation of my old name . Judge rutherFRAUD.. THIS asshole elder true name Howard Stern. I would drag this fat stupid dope through the MUD. for being a spiritual DOPE. WITH HIS 50 POUND book bag. He told me the CO IS coming next Saturday. I said bring him over. I'll clean his clock. I cooked lunch. Fagot never showed up. I went to his house a few days later. And called him a half a MAN for missing a appointment he made. He called the Police because I knocked on his door. I called him a hypocrite

And a piece of shit lying mother fucker. He hated me I would catch him on the avenue, and make a Dope out of him in front of his FS GROUP. TILL he got in his car and ran AWAY. . I POSTED THIS many years ago under , under one of my old names , Johnny. Cip, judge rutherFRAUD or junkyard dog.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOTPEPPER:

I don’t blame you for feeling the way you do.

I can understand the special hate for those who criticized people for working and then exploited gullible people’s hospitality. I was one such person sitting there who worked full-time and was knocked and viewed badly. Thank God I didn’t listen to anything they said!

Reading some of the stories around just makes me crazy: Stories about people whose families hosted these COs who ate their food and lived under their roof rent free - all while discouraging the children from higher education!

I have no use for anybody who gives the impression that money grows on trees and some miracle will occur similar to Jesus Christ’s multiplication of the loaves and fishes to feed the crowd.

Most of these COs are men who have NO idea of what it’s like to work and live in the REAL world. Some of them are even ingrates who don’t deserve the shit off somebody’s shoe. But, their sin was to discourage young impressionable people from getting higher education to support themselves. Now these people are grown and struggling in life today.

This has contributed to all the needy in the JW religion with their hands out..I could never stand to be around any of this now.👎

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    they could order that special or a Number 5 with fries

That's too good for 'em! Those meal 'deals' are rip offs, I'm thriftier than that 😅

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit