Now that JWs know there is a pedophile problem...

by Zoos 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos

... will they take it upon themselves to warn their bible studies of pedophile activity in the congregations so they can protect their children, or will the cycle of abuse continue with the attitude of letting new ones take their chances along with the rest of us?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The articles went right over the heads of most of them. They think there are a few isolated cases in the congregations with most of the cases being on the world. If it was mentioned at all, the points of not having to testify to the elders with the perp present and having a same gender advocate present, and calling the cops was covered way too fast

Add in the voyeuristic way some elders look at any testimony about sex.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I have not seen the article. Did they really "mention... the points of not having to testify to the elders with the perp present and having a same gender advocate present, and calling the cops." Awesome. Those were ARC recommendations that they rejected.

• zeb
    zeb

I said to you all bring little children unto me and you were all so rapped up in each others presence, in your rituals of dress, of grooming of hours you spent advocating the American wt society that you ignored the needs of your children to warmth and safety. When human kind had in-spite of all its struggles brought about an education system that mankind might learn many wonderful things of the world i created you disabused this and kept them in ignorance. But you saw the reality but wilfully repeatedly denied it thus you abused the spirit of my love. When from their highest station my creation investigated the iniquity of child and family abuse of violence and alcohol induced thuggery against defenceless ones you turned your faces away and pretended it didnt exist.

Thus I bring about a new world for my human creation to live in health and peace and you will be part of it as manure making plants grow.

• zeb
    zeb

RTN. Add in the voyeuristic way some elders look at any testimony about sex.

Britains BBC Radio 4 reported a doco on the wt where one sister had been raped. In questioning her the elders asked ..'how far apart were you legs when this happened'. This is voyeurism of a most obscene order.

I was sick left with a growling nausea at hearing this and with difficulty phoned the CARC while in session with the wt executive and revealed this with the link to the counsellors there.

General Eisenhower made German civilians walk through a death camp so they could not deny it had happened. I hope that there will be a time when jw who have piously turned their faces away will be made to gaze upon the horrors they have been wilfully part of.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Parents accompany minor children to the bathroom in the KH. It was announced from the platform as a directive; no child enters the restroom without Mom or Dad.

I, eyewitness . . .

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Parents accompany minor children to the bathroom in the KH. It was announced from the platform as a directive; no child enters the restroom without Mom or Dad.
    I, eyewitness . . .

My goodness. They are either covering all bases legally or they are so worried because it’s so super prevalent.

Yet they still don’t get the difference between a crime and a sin. But then why would they? They’ve been programmed to believe all sex that is not between two married people of the opposite sex is equally bad. It’s all equally sin. You are either sorry or not sorry.

For them the universal moral code of “two consenting adults” is neither here nor there🥺

• LV101
    LV101

Thx, Coco - good to know they're advising the adults to be on guard to protect children.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Diogenesister: Your points are very well made; however, I noted this in paragraph eight of today's lesson:

"It is not surprising, then, that sexual abuse can cause lasting harm. How evil this crime is!"

LV101: You are welcome and correct!

THANKS!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The elders have kept paedos hidden in the past. The average jobo wouldn't know who are perverts and who aren't.

I'm sure the elders are not about to bandy the names of these disgusting people in the congregation. Public image and all that.

Image result for head in sand

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit