Now that JWs know there is a pedophile problem...

by Zoos 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"Leave it in Jehovah's hands. He'll deal with it."

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's interesting that in the illustrations accompanying the article, they show an elderly woman involved in the counseling process, even in a setting showing two elders present..

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The cycle of abuse will continue with the attitude of letting new ones take their chance.

Two comments from the eldumbs in my locality were centered on the footnote about seeking qualified professional help. One said, "Counselors jump from one lie, to another. They all lie." The other said, "Unless they are using the bible they do not have anything worth listening to to say. They only say what Satan teaches them."

I gave my best derisive snort at those comments, and of course got the evil squint eye from everyone around me.

• LV101
    LV101

What shocked me was an elder's wife privately whispering in my ear at hall (after a junior high sleep over at another elder's home w/the A-Team clique's kids) that she/husband NEVER allowed their child (now college age) to attend any of those parties or sleep overs. I was shocked but never trusted my child or nephew/niece to ever stay over at one of their homes, anyway. I'd allow their kiddos to stay at our home but let them know up front I didn't trust anyone - I had no idea about the halls being rape havens but didn't think much of their parenting or the way their children behaved - cussing, bullying, jealous, mean -- (their parents were high muck-a-mucks in the cult) and I heard it all.

So the elders (muck-a-mucks I was dealing with - not all elders were in this horrific ring but were kind men!) do know and protect their families from these pedophiles and criminals off the street but the loyal JWs plodding along following cult rules/regs/walking the high wire are clueless. What a bunch of schmucks and a horrific, terrifying, cult.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the WTS is still stuck in the stranger-danger mode where most children are raped, molested by a close family or family friend, someone in a position of trust.

Are children really safe it mum or dad take them to the restroom?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    road to nowhere - "The articles went right over the heads of most of them."

Probably.

My mom seems to be under the impression that the elders are actually proactive in informing the secular authorities, and the fact that local JWs hardly ever hear anything is because there simply aren't that many instances.

The wording in the article would definitely reinforce that impression for any loyal rank-and-filer who already wanted to believe it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I wish our family would see it but they won't. The photo of the heads buried in the sand is spot on. We have given up the hope that they will see the truth.

• La Capra
    La Capra

This one defies all reason and logic. Is Sister Unevenly Yoked supposed to go with her 12-year-old-son into the men's restroom? Or is that the price she (and her son) pay for her marriage to a non-witness.

Now let's include all the single (for all the usual reasons) parents of children of the opposite gender who now have to deal with this situation.

Did they start building "family restrooms" at their facilities?

• waton
    waton
    Now let's include all the single (for all the usual reasons) parents of children of the opposite gender who now have to deal with this situation.

LC: or the reverse situation, that happened when the door was busted open, with me and my daughter, inside, "What is going on in here?", when I was just following family instructions.

• blondie
    blondie

La Capra, at assemblies it was hard for a father whose wife was not a jw and would not attend any assembly. He had 2 daughters under 7. I have no children, so I would just take them with me and make sure everything went well. I wonder how mothers would feel having a brother take their sons into the men's restroom though?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit