Connection between shunning and Alzheimer's

by poopie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

Another reason to stop social isolation.

• poopie
    poopie

Alzheimer's association meeting in london.

• steve2
    steve2

Citation or link?

• poopie
    poopie

Google I'm not that tech savey

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Poopie you make an excellent point.

Btw do you attend the Alzheimer's assoc. meetings? I'm thinking of doing so.

• Chook
    Chook

Maybe it affects people with rejection issues, it's the most vile of diseases, we had a family member affected in the last 12 months, he went from normal to being in full time care sometimes being spoon fed. It maybe the bodies way of shutting out emotional pain, who knows?

• oppostate
    oppostate

I was going to go to that conference but I forgot!

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Chook: Maybe it affects people with rejection issues, it's the most vile of diseases, we had a family member affected in the last 12 months, he went from normal to being in full time care sometimes being spoon fed. It maybe the bodies way of shutting out emotional pain, who knows?

That sounds like an exceedingly fast progression for this disease! I hope there has been more than one medical opinion on this.

And, yes, there is such a thing a pseudo-dementia which happens when someone is highly anxious and depressed about something and in denial about it at the same time. The patient starts exhibiting signs of dementia including short-term memory loss, disorientation, mood swings, aberrant behavior, threatening, etc.

• Pete Zahut
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Stretching much maybe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit