Dinner plans canceled because "I need to talk to the elders". Huh?

by Darkknight757 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I understand only because they are the victims here. They are under the mind control of Watchtower and this guy is the biggest company man wanna-be I have ever met. It comes to no surprise that he of all people would do something like this so when he canceled, I knew he wasn't a friend after all and it's better he and apparently his wife are out of our lives. Got no time for conditional friends anyways.

Last night we went to a wave of light ceremony in honor of pregnancy and infant loss and the wife got to see first hand that "worldly" people make better friends and are all around better people than the dubs could ever be.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DARK KNIGHT:

If I'm reading your original post correctly, they invited YOU out to dinner....

So, this was clearly a set-up to stand-you-up and humiliate and shun you. Shunning doesn't work without an audience, namely you...The call saying they can't wait to see you was to insure you'd be there...Probably they may have been watching from a distance. (Sounds like an experience I once had when I was young with some idiot guy).

Anyway, this game is to "shun" you - for whatever reason - so you will go crawling on all fours to plead and find out why this is happening! The JW control freaks will rub their hands together and say "this is why" [insert reason]. It's all about control because you have either said or done something that pisses off one of the judgmental idiots.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Wow. If anyone asks why you're not attending the meetings, you can now claim you've been stumbled by the rude and unloving behavior of JWs!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It's funny that everyone is shunning us and I don't get to know what awesome thing I did to get treated this way.

Image result for rumorImage result for don't know shrug

Image result for  rumor

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I'm always amused how easy it is for Jws to pick and choose which bible principles they will go by and which they ignore... In this case treat others as you wish to be treated and let your yes mean yes and no no were clearly ignored...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I can't believe how understanding you are. It's one thing to decide that you are suddenly unsavoury characters and that they need the elders ok before they eat with you - quite another to decide this ten minutes into the dinner engagement. Rude is not the word.

That's how any normal person would look at the situation. But from a JW point of view, if you are "bad association" then you must know it yourself, because it's like a real fact about you, rather than something the elders simply made up. And if it's a real fact about you that you are "bad association", and you attempted to associate with them despite your bad status. Well in that case the fault is all yours. In fact you owe them an apology for attempting to associate with them and putting them in this terribly awkward situation!

That's if you have a proper theocratic appreciation of the situation.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"I'm sorry that you and your spouse are having troubles and need to speak to the elders. I'm sure that you will soon be back in good standing and all of our friends can socialize with you again. You will be in our prayers."

Our christian love,

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I think he believes I will call the elders to find out what's going on. I'm not. I sent him a message explaining that what he did affected not me, but my wife. For that he is and never was a friend. If the elders have a problem with me they can call me. They are just men, they have no authority over the wife and I. This was probably the best thing that could have happened.

Sadly my wife will now have to deal with her parents. I imagine it must be apostasy considering the guys wife and a few others have blocked contact with us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit