Resistace to going back to meetings

by truthseeker 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

The first in person meeting was well attended. Since then more and more are staying at home on zoom. I would say it’s 50/50 at the moment.

It will be problematic to end the zoom meetings as COVID is still a health risk to the elderly.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The danger from covid is likely the lesser reason for staying home. As mentioned, little kids, teenagers starting to think, tired from work, boring meetings, travel, neckties, isolation induced habits. Then the directive to stay home if you have symptoms; it is allergy season now🤫

We have heard comments from the stage about being where you belong. An elder and his wife asked about a neighbor who is zooming. He has health problems you don't see, close family died of covid. And I think hypochondriac. They didnt know this, so much for shepherding.

I do dishes, laundry, snack, cook while having zoom on. It keeps me awake. Wife will sometimes say let's skip. Usually I tune in so we are counted, there is the increased attendance.

Wife can't get the computer ( tv too) to work most times, so I have a obligation to help her. If I do go she will be unable to get connected. She is frail, and cannot take the hard chairs, crowds, people who back into small people. One serious fall will ruin her remaining mobility. I wonder how the beard will play out.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Just tacking onto my earlier post:

Think about all the infants & toddlers now, everyone under the age of 4 or so. None of them have likely ever been in, or can remember, small enclosed places with 50-100 other people around...much less ever been required to be quiet and near-motionless for 2 hours at a time.

10's of thousands of JW infants & toddlers, suddenly getting an overwhelming sensory overload.

"All these people! The colors! The sounds! The smells! Hey, I think I'll celebrate by shouting for joy just like I do at home! Let me crawl over there, that looks cool!....

"Hey mom & dad, why are you shushing me now? I'm just doing what I've done for literally my entire life! Hey! Wait! Don't swat me! Don't...."

Yet another generation of JW kids, as the pattern repeats.....

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

WT boasts having a cohesive, united worldwide 'Brotherhood' of over 8.5 million JWs spread-out over 120,0000 congregations. When in reality what is playing-out in real time paints a detached & disjointed picture of religious misfits.

What you really have are closer to 4 million attending in-person Kingdom Hall meetings. My quess is that half of those in-person attendees are like bumps-on-a-log...sitting there stupidly silent...preferring to be home on Zoom off-camera with the other 4.5 million.

Gawd-Almighty...things really don't look soo good for the WTBTS & its future based on what's taking place post-pandemic...Yay!

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

It’s a shame the gov body did a big U turn on vaccines

if they continue with the rule that only fully vaxed can go back to the hall then I could have stayed on zoom

but the term fully vaxed is a moving target, if it’s been like six months since your last shot you are just the same as those of us who are unvaxed

im fully unvaxed because I know it’s harmful and I hate the governing body for pushing it on the Jdubs acting like salesmen for big pharma

They even acted as if Jehovah helped them get enough vaccines for the entire bethel family

my question is what are the rules for current Bethelites and special full time servants now?

Do they still say you have to keep getting these booster shots?

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

I don't think many will physically go back just because of convenience. Since my family no longer attends we just observed a traditional Jewish passover with a traditional sedar and matzah. Enjoyed it thoroughly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit