Resistace to going back to meetings

by truthseeker 25 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hi all,

It's been a while. Lot going on. I had a Covid divorce last year over Zoom. Not pretty but I got a good deal.

Anyway,

My friend who is still active said there is unconscious resistance towards going back to meetings. There was a very low turnout and the rest were on zoom.

Truthseeker

• hoser
    hoser

Physical memorial attendance was down where I’m at.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Lots “celebrating” via Zoom but only a handful with their camera & mic active. Lots musta been passing their own personal “emblems”.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I tuned into the Memorial which was also held over Zoom and in person and the speakers name was Brother McGuiness :)

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The bigger resistance will be door knocking.

Zoom you can not dress up, get a coke, popcorn, catch up on dusting; or sit there and try to stay awake.

To draw people there needs to be more interesting meetings, a lucid message for starters.

Our speaker this year was very good, not preachy, down to earth. 25 zoom hookups, no idea how many traveled to a distant hall at a late hour. My homemade bread ( for wifes sake) was worse than last years. My box wine was vinegary. We dont partake.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I hope most JWs in the USA and Europe stop going to the kingdom halls,stop donating to the WT and the congregation, and do no more than a token amount of field service.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I had 2 new firsts for 2022 -

1. No Memorial invites texted to me from my PIMI family members

2. The letter with the Memorial invite from the local congregation had no instructions on Zoom Memorial or in-person Memorial.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Will Memorial attendee numbers be reported?

I wonder too about attendance at in-person regular weekly meetings.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

If they do include ones who attended physically, will ones who attended virtually also be included in the count?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

More than likely whichever one gives the higher number I would think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit