Resurrection to Heaven

by Lost in the fog 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Just reminds me of Deuteronomy 18:20-22 I think it is about false prophets being put to death

• Ding
    Ding

The WT hasn't been right in any of its predictions.

World War I did start in 1914, but that's not what the WT was predicting.

In fact, when WW I was in progress, the WT said it was the Armageddon of the scriptures.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • Fred franztone

58 years from now? What's this about?

According to David (Ex)Splanes overlapping generation chart, "this generation" can only include anointed ones who overlapp with, for instance, F.W. Franz who died in 1992 ( as one of the longest-lived known anointed ones, he is used as an example).

So to be included in the "generation" they would have to be baptised and anointed *before* Fred Franz's death in 92, making them at that time at least around 15 -20 years old.

Therefore, if we suppose they will live at most 80 -90 years, Waton is estimating the great tribulation cannot occur any later than 2058, give or take 5 years or so.

Edit: so this lot of GB have given themselves some breathing room, and when the max date is reached they will all be dead, so some other poor bastard can deal with the fallout of the failure of the "overlapping generation" teaching.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

That's 40 years from now, where does the 58 figure come from?

• waton
    waton

Diagenesis sister, please read the experience in the 1975 to 2075 topic.

A 15+ year baptised, conceived unexpectedly and born in ~1973 was with Franz in Bethel, is now in his mid 40s and will live like Franz and his forbearers into the early hundreds, ~ 58 years from now, dying before the end as he must, in ~ 2075.

read it please. 1975-2075. a composite family story. posted here

• Ding
    Ding

Edit: so this lot of GB have given themselves some breathing room, and when the max date is reached they will all be dead, so some other poor bastard can deal with the fallout of the failure of the "overlapping generation" teaching.

Plenty of time to come up with "new light."

In fact, plenty of time for JWs to forget the WT ever said anything about overlapping generation at all.

Remember, within a few years of 1975 most JWs professed not to remember that the WT said anything of consequence about that date.

• waton
    waton
    Edit: so this lot of GB have given themselves some breathing room, and when the max date is reached they will all be dead,

FF: not only will they be dead, if that happens at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, their remains will be nowhere to be found, disposed by angels, like the first anointed one's was.

to recapitulate, a second F. Franz but having better , modern care, would have been 21 in 1992. would live past 2070, > 80 years after 1992. give 2 years for the GT, Armageddon, that in 2075 to the PPP, the millenium.

It is not later than you think, but it will be longer than they think.

read 1975- 2075 please, a family story. posted here.

• waton
    waton
    Remember, within a few years of 1975 most JWs professed not to remember that the WT said anything of consequence about that date. Ding:

and read about the diehards in the sorry story 1975 to 2075, who considered

1) 1975 a faith strengthening experience, a test of their zeal and endurance, and a time of sifting survived,

2) an affirmation that wt was on the right track, because Armageddon, paradise were now surely so much closer as they were in 69 when it all began.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone
    read it please. 1975-2075. a composite family story. posted here

I tried to read it but it was written very strangely. Like it sort of made sense and sort of didn't. The grammar was peculiar and I didn't really understand what was going on.

• waton
    waton
    58 years from now? What's this about? Fred Franztone

It is about allowing

2 years from the start of the GT to Armageddon, judgement, paradise. about

A brother following the timeline of F.Franz, serving in Bethel with him, surviving him by ~80 years, the ~ same period that Franz survived 1014 (the supposed end then).

as proverbs says: "The end is better than the beginning". read the 1975-2075 story please. real family histories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit