Resurrection to Heaven

by Lost in the fog 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

CT Russell said the dead would be resurrected to heaven from 1874-1881.

Then the Judge decided that it was not 1874/5 for the return of Christ but 1914, so moving the heavenly resurrection forward to be from 1914-1918.

In truth nobody knows when it happens or happened. Just because the Watchtower leadership says something in the printed word doesn't mean that it is true.

==============

Zion's Watchtower 1881, January.

"now have taken prophetic measurements and allegories together,

R182:page5

five different points seeming to teach the resurrection of the dead in Christ and change of the living between the fall of 1874 and 1881. Two or more witnesses are enough to prove any case,
    as a rule, and certainly God has given us abundant evidence. We are also glad to notice that all these things only corroborate previous truths, thus proving to a certainty each application as correct and causing the old jewels to shine brighter. The five lines of argument briefly stated are these:

1st. The days of Daniel ending in 1874, at which time the resurrection commenced, and since which, the dead have been
    going in to the marriage.

2d. The end of the seven years from that time, as marked by the parallel, of the end of the "seventy weeks" in the Jewish age
    ending in our year 1881, at which time we all should be in and the door closed, being the end of time of special favor to the nominal church before commencement of trouble which follows our change.... "

• venus
    venus

Poor Russel! He did not know that Bible speaks of reincarnation in one place (Mathew 11:14) and resurrection in another place; "renewal of this world" in one place (Mathew 19:28) and people going into heaven in another place--each teaching nullifying the other!

• waton
    waton

according to wt that first resurrection started in 1918, and will be over not later than 2075. but before all these things occur.

problem a) The anointed are not supposed to die, and be resurrected before the end, even Armageddon, and the sheep and goats are judged.

problem b) 2 Tim 2:18, those that say the resurrection has already occurred have deviated from the truth.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The title of Russell`s magazine was "Zions WatchTower And herald of Christs presence " first printed in 1879? until it was changed in the 1920`s ?

Russell was obviously a believer in the Zionist movement of his day {no longer believed by JW`s }

Russell also believed Christ presence began around 1874? {also no longer believed by JW`s}

Two major doctrines C.T.Russell taught for approximately 30-40 years until his death ,so why would Jesus Christ appoint the IBSA as they were known then as the Faithfull and Discreet Slave class in 1919 ? because they were then teaching false doctrines ?

Neither could they be classed as Faithfull nor could they be regarded as discreet for teaching such error over so long a time.

Anything else Russell taught such as the resurrection could also be discarded and thrown into the rubbish bin .

And for that matter anything the schism Jehovah`s Witnesses said could also be thrown in the rubbish bin as being built on a faulty foundation the International Bible Students Association .

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Lost in the fog - ask JW's exactly when the "last day" is/was scheduled for, and also for Bible proof of their timeline/chronology.

(John 6:39, 40, 44, 54)

39......but that I should resurrect them on the last day.

40.......and I will resurrect him on the last day.”

44.......and I will resurrect him on the last day.

54........and I will resurrect him on the last day."

(John 11:24) ".....Martha said to him: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    foggy - Just because the Watchtower leadership says something in the printed word doesn't mean that it is true.

I'd go as far as to say, if the watchtower™ printed something, it's 100% certain it's wrong. Cults always talk nonsense.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

They're all wrong, heaven isn't real.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I have seen CT Russel's Pyramid tomb in Pennsylvania.

Would his remains be still in or Disappeared as in "Jesus Resurrection" style. Just Curious.

• waton
    waton

CTR was buried in a big funeral with signs "gone home". that will not be the same according to wt with the last of the anointed generation, as late as 58 years from now, They will be miraculously disposed of by angels, like Jesus. All this at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, ahead of Armageddon the judgement, eternal life for the sheep.

as explained by D.S.and the wt charts.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

58 years from now? What's this about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit