highlights from Circuit Overseer Guidelines

by neat blue dog 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

lol/"KissHisRing" - good one! Poor guy probably died hungry. I thought all that walking in service was good exerciseo. Guess there's nothing positive about that cult.

• hoser
    hoser

I was only ever at one baptism talk where there were no baptized. I felt sorry for the brother giving the talk.

• Listener
    Listener

Hoser, why did you feel sorry for the Brother giving the talk? Don't you think he felt it was a great privelage to be asked to do it at an assembly?

• hoser
    hoser

You could tell he was really uncomfortable giving the talk with no one to baptize. This was when i believed more than I do now.

I think that they should cancel the talk if no one shows to be baptized.

• Listener
    Listener

I'm happy that they keep it in as it highlights the fact that fewer are getting baptised thes days.

I am surprised that an Elder giving the talk would be embarrassed and if it was noticeable, I'd be more surprised if he was asked to give it again at another assembly.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

nowwhat said " ...Co wives should only speak when spoken to. A women can run for president or prime minister but in jw land are not permitted to operate a projector!"

They should compensate their wives with a large supply of liquor. Tony Morris can explain how that works.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Iwantoutnow I was left on my own. My PO took most of the crap, since he also approved it, and he had to read a Letter at a Meeting stating how Sorry we were for doing it.

The PO has to go on bended knee in front of the cong for agreeing to a family group - something for families shock horror - that was actually successful.

Disgusting. Yet no high up says sorry for allowing child abuse to flourish, or lying to members about donations.

It's all arse-about-face!!!

• stillin
    stillin

Data-Dog, "idiocracy!" I love it! So true that the best and brightest would eventually leave. (I think many of them pass through here)

Here's another social structure that works for the JW's: mediocracy. Don't shine too brightly or you'll be called in on the carpet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit