Peak Cancel Culture

by Simon 33 Replies latest social current

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@TheListener: Not entirely true, it swings back and forth, children will almost always be the opposite of the parents.

People in the 70s-90s were more conservative than their hippie parents, so we get a few years where even the left (eg. Clinton) have to be careful about taxes and spending. Their kids however are the woke that blame their parents' generation for all their problems and want increased taxes and spending. Kids that are now growing up and getting into their 16s-20s are very much opposed to the control 'their parents' are exercising over 'their Internet'. So you see a swing back into privacy and 75% of people under 30 own at least some cryptocurrencies and 25% of millionaires in that age bracket in the US became millionaires due to crypto, which is regulation-proof.

What we do see is a bigger swing and divide every generation though, until the thing collapses which is a real threat the government will face in the next 25-50 years when the majority of transactions are going to be done in a fashion that cannot be regulated or taxed. That is going to severely hurt the by-then-older people that fought their whole lives to live on government handouts. So I can see a future where anyone under 30 no longer contributes to the tax base, the people living on government benefits will starve, and starving people will fight wars to improve their plight (see Russia and China)

• TheListener
    TheListener

I agree about generations differing from their parents, but in general, over a long span of time it appears the trend line is more liberal not less.

But none of it matters because the wife has been ordered back to the hall!

Thelistener scowling in frustration.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The Cardiff Philharmonic orchestra has removed Tchaikovsky from its concert program.

When did Western countries become so dumb?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LUHE,

Thats the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard… yet I’m not surprised.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit