Is the jab required to attend meetings ?

by zachias 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Obviously the religion wants people vaccinated because they are afraid they will lose yet more people..Also, they are probably afraid the older generation of JWs there (the most faithful and contribute$ the most) will die off from Covid within a relatively short period of time!

If this were to happen the religion would be done, IMO.

They know that obviously these older people are going to pass away at some point, but they would rather it not happen all at once!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The first thought that came to my mind was....Why don`t you ask your wife ?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Smiddy3 - is that a rhetorical question.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One more reason to opt for the Amazon "shot" (getting quercetin) instead of the others. Quercetin provides a good degree of protection against coronavirus (all such viruses, including regular SARS and MERS). And it is far safer--no blood clots, no cutting off your immune system, no nothing. And no needles--just pills.

The best part is that it does not count toward going back to the boasting sessions. You get the real protection against the disease, far better than the declining protection (which actually becomes negative) from the needle vaccines. All, without being pushed to attend the boasting sessions. Unfortunately, I do not know of any work place that accepts the Amazon "shot" as a full vaccination. And, if the hounders or anyone in the congregation has a particular interest in forcing you back (say, because they know they can abuse you worse), they will force you to your local walmart to get a real shot. (And then more studies, followed ultimately by being forced to boasting sessions and field circus.)

• millie210
    millie210

Question:

Why are the vaccinated people worried about going if they are vaccinated?

As for the unvaccinated - they've made a choice and what they do or don't do shouldn't have any bearing on the protected/vaccinated, right?

• zachias
    zachias

to smiddy three. Whydidnt I ask her? because any mention by me of anything wt is to invoke a bad response by her. I am in a tenuous situation.

Thanks for all your replies.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

zachias , I appreciate your situation , I was just being waggish ,no offence meant .

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

In Western Australia at least, there is no requirement to be vaccinated to attend meetings. I imagine it is the same for the rest of Australia.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The latest information on vaccines is that they prevent serious illness but they don’t prevent infection or transmission. So the whole rationale for requiring vaccination proof and passports seems bogus at this point. Because vaccination only benefits the person vaccinated, it doesn’t benefit others in the way it was originally conceived. Are those who are still requiring vaccination passes stupid or mendacious in light of the latest information? I’m still inclined to go with stupid. Maybe Watchtower is actually more clued up than governments on this point.
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

The 'rest of Australia' apart from Tasmania have not yet returned to in person meetings.

Some congregations in Victoria are having 'working bees' with no mention of vaccination status at this stage.

Funerals have been held in Melbourne in kingdom halls with fully vaxxed, masked and socially distanced seating arrangements and zoom in place.

jtg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit