Who was the poster who predicted radical Watchtower change years ago?

by slimboyfat 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

My post seems to have been cut short and here is the rest of it

So they aren't looking at doing it at all without any money or under their own steam (what they currently own), they are counting on donations which we have seen them continually beg for.

All this would explain why they told the JWs to accept anything they say whether practical from a human standpoint or not.

IMHO I think they were losing so much money that they had to overhall their whole activities and come up with something sustainable for the future providing a new vision that JWs would endorse and support. This at a time when their numbers are dwindling has been a real gamble, particularly in attempting to retain people. It's also amazing to see how they treat the most dedicated of JWs in order to see the Organization continue to exist.

A brief examination of what was said in the past to the reality that we see today is enlightening.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Ummmmmmmm....i dont want to piss on your shoulder and say its raining but there is no real change. Blood is still banned, they are doubling down on disfellowshipping, and tbe FDS doctrine is convaluded to the point not even they understand it.

What is this radical change you speak of?

• Listener
    Listener

True Problemaddict2, there hasn't been much in the way of radical change in regards to doctrine, although I would consider the change to the FDS doctrine to be huge. They have diminished the position of the anointed and elevated the position of the Governing Body to give themselves more power and authority. Also that there was no FDS until they came along, even Jesus' disciples were not FDS's upon Jesus departure.

The radical changes is in how they operate, how they manage what they own, how they spend their money and how they obtain more money. Considering that, it's all about the money.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Where is this prophet? Finally we can start our own religion.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Next Change is the 144k becoming a symbolic number...

• Listener
    Listener

It looks like JW org bet us to it.

We keep noticing how what is said here and on other forums greatly influences them anyway, they just don't listen to all our incredibly good advice.

• Simon
    Simon

People predict stuff all the time, the trick is reminding everyone when one of the predictions actually comes close (and otherwise, keeping quiet about the failures).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah I predicted the end of Circuit Overseers a decade ago. Sure I'm going to take credit for it when it finally happens.

Actually in the case of my prediction I reckon they probably were going to abolish COs, but someone at bethel read my thread, passed it on to the GB, and they reversed the decision at the last minute as part of an evil ploy to make me appear less prescient than I am.

• blondie
    blondie

I suggested the new date would be 2034 in jest years ago.

120 years from time god pronounced the end of mankind till the flood began.

1914 + 120 = 2034. Still 18 years to go...........

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If they are going to use 2034 then now might be about the right time for them to start hinting at it.

You know, in a funny way, I reckon the GB probably would have latched onto 2034 as a date. The logic is pretty simple and it's convenient in many ways. But the one thing that will probably stop them is the fact that apostates on the Internet have already flagged up the possibility of them using the date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit