WT Teaching That You Can't Leave Behind

by jhine 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Jhine

I did an about turn, total reversal of it all. Plus now I do a lot more research.I see that there are way more choices to consider . I am surprised at myself now that I am out how different I look at things coz I have educated myself in so many ways.

I have let whoever matters to me about my blood stance, and other things that has changed with my decisions so when time comes they all know I have changed my decisions. No long pauses and musings over those.

So no jw barrier/concepts holding me down at all.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Do you still feel guilty going into a church for a wedding or a funeral?

Even when I was in I never felt different, I would gladly attend. So this remains the same.

Can you bring yourself to celebrate birthdays or Christmas?

I never was into these things before I became a jdumb, so still no changes there. (if someone ever does invite me to a birthday/ christmas I will gladly accept it to make them happy).

Would you hesitate to accept a blood transfusion if you needed one?

no i will accept all to save my life but will certainly make an informed decision to do this.No hesitations.

Does the indoctrination that you received still work to put a barrier between you and the rest of society in the way it was intended to when you were "in"?

No it does not coz I believe that if I live life as the jdumbs intended me to then they still have their control over me and I cant say I am totally free.

So now I re-research and do my own thinking and see how I feel about a matter before decideing. I refuse to let anyone elses be it human, bible, jdumbs n tom,dick, harry control my mind or core of me.

I begin from a blank page and gather info, fill the page and then decide. I never look into religion at all or the jdumbs.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Great topic Jhine

Zing

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Not long after I realised that I'd been raised in a failed doomsday cult, I considered the idea that everything I had been taught about the Bible was suspect. I started reading the Bible without the filters provided by my family's chosen church and discovered so much that was nonsense that I had to re-evaluate everything I had been taught about God.

I now believe that man created God and I have no WT or Bible induced phobias left to interfere with me enjoying my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit