When is the AGM for this year?

by no-zombie 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I'm sure that the AGM is in October but has a date for it been released?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The Annual Meeting, for as long as I can remember, has been on the first Saturday of October.

This year (2019), it will be on Saturday 5 October 2019.

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

I always have wondered if this date was chosen because it was so close to the date of Jesus' birth per the WTS? Or the beginning of the new year?

Around the first of October per the WTS

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1974920?q=date+jesus+birth+october&p=par#h=8

Consider the date itself​—December 25. The Bible does not give the exact date of Jesusbirth. But it clearly shows when it could not have taken place. Jesus was born in Bethlehem at a time when shepherds were “living out of doors and keeping watches in the night over their flocks.” (Luke 2:8) Does this circumstance fit the month of December? No. In the Bethlehem area, during that month there are frequent frosts at night. Why, already with the start of the rainy season in the latter part of October, shepherds do not continue to live outdoors at night. So the December 25 date actually misrepresents the facts about Jesusbirth at Bethlehem.

Yom Kippur

Yom Kippur 2019 will begin in the evening of

Tuesday

October 8

and ends in the evening of

Wednesday

October 9

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Oktober is the start of the business year, is 't it?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Apparently, evidently, one could conclude, They're keeping it low key again this year
  • sir82
    sir82

Whenever it is, it will surely be the best one ever!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

yeah officially confirmed it will be on the 5th october. Too much excitemnet in the jdumb world .

Zing

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

October, the same month Russell kicked the bucket!

Atlantis!

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Atlantis, on Halloween, 10/31/1916, at Pampas, TX. Probably, he was disappointed that the end did not come in 1914, and actually adjusted the fulfillment to come in 1916.

Supposedly that day was to pay homage to those who died during the flood of Genesis from some sources I have read. I have it hard to find credible historians who say this. If anyone knows of one, can you tell me? thanks.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Blondie, even the Bible doesn't say October. It was the 2nd month, Ziv, which corresponds to April/May time. See Gen 7:11 and compare to 1 Ki 6:1.

But you easily change 2 into 8 by changing the calendar :) So suddendly Ziv becomes Tishrei. Which is exactly what they do in order to say the 2nd month is October.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iyar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit