Should this Body of elders be considered blood guilty?

by dbq407 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• dbq407
    dbq407

Over the weekend a very nice, caring individual was killed in a car accident after meeting. She was 32 y/o and has a 3 year old daughter. Her husband was driving home from meeting when his car slid off the road, came back on the road, and was broad sided by a truck. She was crushed from her hips down and died shortly after at the hospital.

Here is the problem i have. Most congregations i know of canceled meeting sunday morning because of the snow storm. It was snowing before 9 a.m. and anyone with a smart phone or t.v. would have been able to check the radar and realize it was going to snow all morning. It is the elders responsiblity to care for and protect the congregation, but in this case i feel they failed miserably. If they had canceled she wouldn't have died. And most jw's here know that if the roads are bad, but meetings aren't canceled that most will still risk their lives trying to go to meeting because they are made to feel bad if they do miss, regardless of the weather.

I honestly feel these elders are blood guilty for their actions.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Put the blame where it belongs, the Governing Body. They have promoted the myth that meeting attendance equals salvation. That is why some will actually comment, "At least she died obeying Jehovah!" as if that will give her a gold star from God. And let's face it, ultimately the blame is on the husband for taking his family out in that weather. The elders? Not so much. Few people really take them so seriously that they will obey them blindly. I guess a few simpletons might, but what can you do?
  • sir82
    sir82

That's a bit of a stretch. It was an accident.

If the roads are unsafe, don't drive. It's not the elders' fault if they ignored common sense.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I agree with the OP.

I grew up with attend meetings at all cost.

In our recent congo, it was changed to: if there is even a chance of extreme weather, the meeting is cancelled. This despite being the uber-congo of the district.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

berrygerry;

'' I grew up with attend meetings at all cost ''

Me Too!!!!

After I grew-up and left home, I would start venturing out at my discretion. If there was freezing rain, I wouldn't drive. If it was bone-chilling cold, I'd stay home. If there was a raging snow storm, I'd stay home. Why endanger your life and others???

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Cult mind control aside, everyone should still use their own brain.

Don't travel when it's too dangerous. That includes the victims and the truck driver (who is also a victim here).

Still it's a sad story.

Of course it doesn't help that yearbooks and JW bullcast tell experiences about how faithful JW were saved during disasters because they were in the kh.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If the persons involved will risk their lives instead of staying home when the weather is bad it's their own stupidity.
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

I agree with all of the posters here to one extent or another.

The GB really does promote attendance equals salvation. I've heard them in recent talks say that the only 3 reasons you should miss a meeting are the "3 F's" meaning "fracture, fever or fatality." Unfortunately for that sister, she has that last reason to miss all meetings now.

However, I do feel like most should still have some portions of their brains active to use common sense in regards to the immediate, physical safety of their families. If the weather was bad, they shouldn't have gone out. Where I grew up there were frequent thunderstorms. Even if the meeting wasn't cancelled, we would usually stay home because it just wasn't worth the risk of driving in blinding rain on slippery roads. And that logic applied to going anywhere, not just the meetings.

Whatever the families reasoning was for going to the meeting, it's still very sad that this tragedy happened to them.

• freddo
    freddo
    No.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I honestly feel these elders are blood guilty for their actions.

The blame should really go on to the self imposed dip shit idiot like F Franz back in 1941 when he made the statement that to receive blood from another person, would essentially transfer the givers ill character attributes to the person of the blood transfusion.

Its corrupt indulgent fools that killed so many people and the unfortunate fools who became subservient to these men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit