Waking People Up With Well Thought Out Comments

by JW_Rogue 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    There`s a price to pay either way..

LOL Like I haven't thought about that, my situation doesn't exactly leave me with a ton of options. I have to distance myself from this org in a way that doesn't push away family or friends. Even non DF'd people can be marked and pretty much treated the same as DF'd. Nope, I have to seem like I slowly drifted away, that I'm "lazy" not that I'm an apostate.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Maybe I'm idealistic, but I thing some comments with a tinge of TTATT can add some CD to get people thinking, maybe in combination with other things going around. In my case I found the CD to be cumulative, until I reached the tipping point during a particularly ridiculous talk by a GB member.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Extremely cultish comments have the same effect. Like saying a guy that's 23 and still not a MS is not marriage material, or worthy of getting laid.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    If you want to live a lie,that`s on you.

Been doing it for 35 years...a few more months for a better outcome isn't going to hurt anybody.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have to distance myself from this org in a way that doesn't push away family or friends.

DA`d..DF`d..or...A Weak JW..

Not exactly desirable company to Loyal WBT$ JWs..

You`ll be marked..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Been doing it for 35 years...

LOL!!..

35 years??!!..Wow..

You don`t have a lot of years left.....

• smiddy
    smiddy

JW_ Rogue

You have been doing it for 35 years ? , and what have you achieved in that time ?what makes you think a few more months is going to make any difference ?

Just asking

You have to ask yourself this question : Do I want my life to be manipulated by other people ? or am I going to live my life the way I want to live it.

smiddy

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    35 years??!!..Wow..

Yes, since the day I was born I was a JW. Was there really choice? No, might as well have been born with little suit and tie and tract to hand the householder. I don't think I ever really believed it though there was always part of me that knew it was all BS. That I was just acting, that believing was what I was "supposed" to do. That good people had faith or at least pretended like they did by doing and saying all the right things. Maybe some people feel differently but that's how I feel.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    You have to ask yourself this question : Do I want my life to be manipulated by other people ? or am I going to live my life the way I want to live it.

I gave away the power I had to truly do things on my terms at 12 years of age. You can say don't play their games but right now they are holding all the cards. The only power I have is to lie or be completely silent. Leaving on my terms would mean speaking my mind and not giving a damn. I can't do that...too much at stake.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

In answer to your original question, yes, you can.

But you must be careful, and in personal conversation frame things in questions. Just giving a fact here or a quotation there can get defenses up, and that can come back to bite you in the ass. I've had success in that way.

If you mean in the congregation, answering up, then I think possibly, but you have to be even more careful as the eldubs will be listening too and you don't want to get put on the radar.

If you have to be there (I share your pain bro) then good Christian answers can redirect the hate propaganda sometimes, and can show people that you know what you're talking about scripturally. This could come in handy in the future if word gets out about your doubts, 'brother rogue apparently has doubts? But he's such a knowledgeable brother. Maybe he's onto something...'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit