HBO removes Gone with the Wind because its offensive.

by phoenixrising 33 Replies latest social current

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Actually Robert E Lee had a strong opinion regarding Civil War monuments. He said, “I think it wiser not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavoured to obliterate the marks of civil strife and to commit to oblivion the feelings it has engendered.”

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PHOENIXRISING:

I see your point.

I certainly do not believe in anything being defaced, but people in black areas are offended by anything that may seem to them to show sympathy for the old south. (I know it may seem unfair but the actions we are seeing are not rational.)..If anything, the poor statue should be preserved somewhere in a museum where it cannot be defaced.

I also agree that this attitude is totally out of hand and the left are showing themselves to be lawless animals who want chaos. They want to take all other statues down..I’m curious as to what ugliness they’d like to put in its/their places.. A hammer and sickle?

..I just read that a statue of Christopher Columbus was beheaded. I have heard all the noise by people saying Columbus Day for Italian Americans should be abolished. Meanwhile, do all these ignorant protesters know that Columbus was in service to Queen Isabella of Spain?

• millie210
    millie210

Here's a refreshing read of reason and common sense for those who value critical thinking skills

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/23/545435024/civil-rights-activist-argues-to-keep-confederate-monuments

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If anybody wants to hang the flag in their garage or in their den, that’s their business. But, it doesn’t really belong hanging in a public area.

LongHairGal ....

I totally agree. If people want to have that kind of stuff in their garage, den, basement or anyplace else, go for it. People can have a Confederate Flag, Swastika or both tattooed on their asses. I don't care.

Just don't put that stuff in my face. It does no good.

• Simon
    Simon

It's really irrelevant whether things should be removed or not, the fact is we live in a democracy and it shouldn't be a case of a mob deciding something and doing it with vandalism - we have a process and that should be followed.

Make the case, argue the point, win the votes.

What if people find pictures of Obama offensive - should they be allowed to just throw paint at them? Where do we end up if we go down this path? How about statues of Mandella? He had a past - those will all have to come down.

• rh3988
    rh3988

What next Sanford and Son?

And 50 Cent...lol (This song is so badass.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgxArwfpj4Q

• rh3988
    rh3988

We should cancel Imitation of Life also.

Every time I hear the bongo drums start to play I scream, "RUN BITCH RUN!!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WgenwfYmwk

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

And, if it hasn’t been posted so far, even Chase from Paw Patrol has been cancelled:

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As far as statues (Robert E. Lee) being torn down: whatever is put in its place had better be neutral and represent the whole population in general

LongHairGal ...

That could be a good idea. Maybe a two-headed statue of Ryan Seacrest and the My Pillow guy.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Just watched Gone With The Wind and thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed it!!! This racism shit will never end. There can only be one group it seems that's better than all the others. Just like religion. Each one thinks they are the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit