Do you think the big A will come after Russia invades Ukraine?

by Iamallcool 54 Replies latest jw friends

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpjHW4mr6qo This topic made me think of this old song, cause nothing bad ever happens to me...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Let's hope so. I've been waiting for my pet panda by a waterfall for too long now. Anyone would think the JWs have got it all wrong.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Hi pistolepete, I watched the Fox news video but I didn't see an answer to my question in it. However, I heard the person interviewed in say that: (1) the USA has 200 National Guard USA troops in the Ukraine; (2) the USA never never said they would never use nuclear weapons, since they needs to keep all options on the table (including using nuclear weapons) while negotiating with other countries; (3) that the USA should keep all options on the table why negoiating with Russia about the Ukraine. Thus, the one interviewed is saying that the USA should keep the option of going to war with Russia and he pointed out the USA already has troops in the Ukraine, but he didn't say that the USA would go to war with Russia. The USA might have the 200 troops in the Ukraine as a deterrent to Russia invading what is left of Ukraine.

Yesterday I read news saying that Russia has announced they are withdrawing some of their troops from the border with the Ukraine. Maybe the efforts of the USA are thus succeeding in preventing an invasion by Russia and and are succeeding in preventing a war.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Nope, but it could get really ugly, Ukraine and Russia for example are big producers of corn, wheat and barley.

• TD
    TD

Fisherman,

How does that establish that Rome is the Rev HOB or debunk WT interpretation that it is WEFR?

The point of the observation is that a faulty methodology yields faulty results. Jehovah's' Witnesses have provided ample proof of that.

Have you considered the possibility that the value of Revelation today might be primarily historical / instructional rather than a collection of prophecies to, for and about Jehovah's Witnesses themselves?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Have you considered the possibility that the value of Revelation today might be primarily historical / instructional rather than a collection of prophecies to, for and about Jehovah's Witnesses themselves?

Heresy!

Next you'll be telling that every single number in the book of Revelation is symbolic, except for "144,000" which is unquestionably stone-cold literal.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Why does anyone believe this Bible nonsense in 2022?

Answers on a postcard.....

I'll be honest, believe what you want, I don't care unless it causes harm......like the Bible, Quran and other stupid books usually do.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    faulty results.

TD, Thanks for your response.

Need to solve the crossword puzzle in pencil. You pointed out mistaken wt conclusions but I don’t think the methodology is faulty because it uses only scripture to solve the puzzle.

Rev is not simply history and instruction. It is about relief from human suffering and ultimate justice.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Fisherman is still here after all these years and still simping for Yahweh?

Dang. The tenacity of this guy.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    *** w05 12/1 p. 6 Armageddon -- A Happy Beginning ***
    "Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests? ... The battle of Armageddon is actually one of the best things that could happen to us!
    Wow! The above that VB posted is just outrageous. When I read stuff like this it has really makes me look closely at what it is they are so obsessed about that it drives them to use this level of misdirection.

Revelation is about revealing the full nature and role of Jesus Christ as the King of Kings.

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants" - Rev. 1:1 It's all about revealing Jesus.

The imagery that the WT has crafted in the minds of their readers is that Jehovah will be running around squashing people like ants. This is not what Revelation or Armageddon is about. God progressively allows the anti-christ more and more power over people, since they have rejected his appointed King. - Jesus.

At the very end Jesus shows up and defeats the imposter King who has been killing a lot of the world's people with his globalism. Jesus prevents a total extinction of the human race. "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved".

God is the good guy in the story. Stop taking the Watchtower's bait. .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit