Do you think the big A will come after Russia invades Ukraine?

by Iamallcool 54 Replies latest jw friends

• btlc
    btlc

It is just a bad trip scriptualized by old man on psychedelic mushrooms two thousand years ago, don't take it too seriously.

• solomon
    solomon

Someone beat me to it. The writer of the book of revelation was stoned on ergot.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

How about the other big "A" - the Atom bomb? What about a nuclear fusion bomb? I don't think that such will happen as long as the USA and Russian don't directly go to war against each other. But, will they directly go to war against each other?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Disillusioned JW

I don't think that such will happen as long as the USA and Russian don't directly go to war against each other. But, will they directly go to war against each other?

Here is your answer; Start at the 3 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq00bvvC24I

• skin
    skin

I was told the big A was taking place before the 80 year generation of 1914 was to pass away. Today I'm being told we need to prepare for when we come under ban.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Well I don't need to worry about coming under ban since I no longer consider myself a JW. Hypothetically speaking, if the WT/JW religion were to come under severe ban in the USA (such as with prison sentences), I could submit a letter of Disassociation (and affirming that am irreligious and an atheist) to the elders and to the headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses, and if the government asks for proof that I am not a JW I can give them a copy of my copy of the letter. In addition, the government can check the voter registration records and see that I am a registered voter, than I am a member of one of the government's political parties, and that I have voted in the government's elections for the past 10+ years.

• TD
    TD

Revelation was about cryptic references to events that affected early Christians under the Roman empire during the first and early second centuries. Relevance to anything now, or to the future, is exactly zero.

^^^This^^^

It made perfect sense to the people it was written to and for.

It only made it into the NT by the figurative "skin of its teeth" because the relevance was already fading away

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Anything the Watchtower predicts never comes true. Never will. Or does it make sense.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How many failed prophecies of the Bible or adherents of the Bible as so called Gods infallible inspired word need to come and go without fulfillment before they realize that its all a figment of mans imagination ?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

I don’t think so because the book of Rev actually does speak about the future

So does Star Trek. It's still not actually a prophecy about the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit