What is Causing This Sudden Increase in Crime / Racial Tension???

by RubaDub 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's fairly straight forward. When did the tensions start?

Obama's Beer Summit - a Harvard black professor is arrested by a white police officer because the professor tried to break into his own house and subsequently lashed out at the police that were called. He claimed this was every day racism (which wasn't supported by any stats or facts).

A few other issues later, where everyone that opposed Obama was called a racist.

Trayvon Martin, later ruled by a judge and jury to be a criminal that assaulted a Hispanic neighborhood watchman and got shot in the altercation, Obama told them "Trayvon could've been my son".

Police got shot by a (black) sniper in an ambush, Obama delivered the eulogy and instead of condemning the violence, he expressed "the need to understand the grievances of African-Americans who’ve protested racial bias"

That's when relations between blacks, police and whites started to decay rapidly. Many more occurrences where Obama should've called for peace and reflection, and condemn gross criminals (Michael Brown comes to mind) and instead he called for hatred, divisiveness and outright race wars.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Rubadun what do you do to improve the lives if those around you? It seems you have a real disregard for people from certain parts of the country you have never met. You judge others based on the most trivial of things.

So what do you do to separate yourself? Do you donate, employ or assist anyone?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What is Causing This Sudden Increase in Crime / Racial Tension??? - it's the end result of decades of leftist multiculturalism.

That's all, folks.

Thank you.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Joe Biden appears to be very creepy alternative as well

https://youtu.be/yl4UtpahWjM

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Rubadun what do you do to improve the lives if those around you? ...... So what do you do to separate yourself? Do you donate, employ or assist anyone?

@silentbuddha ....

After some comments here, I will tone things down, I promise. But it is painful in some ways when you have a trunkful of material and it seems to grow daily.

In any case, for a last go-round, in answer to your question about what what I do to improve the lives of those around me, a few fleeting thoughts come to mind:

- We can search all over for happiness but there is really no need to look any further than our own front doors.

- There are so many things we can do in our own communities to help not only others, but ourselves.

- Start a small library with laptops for disadvantaged youths that may not have access to many new technologies at home.

- Discuss with your dentist on how to make your teeth more attractive.

- Visit a dairy farm and learn how milk is handled for delivery to stores.

- Plan a series of window displays in the front window of your home promoting home safety.

The list goes on and on.

But I am dialing back. I will focus more on the time, times and half a time stuff, seventy weeks of years, 607 BC, the unclean and hated bird, all the dreams, and whatever else is the topic du jour of the week. I guess I have offended some.

If I have, I am truly sorry.

• sir82
    sir82
    It's fairly straight forward. When did the tensions start?
    Obama's Beer Summit

LOL

Yes, the world was in full, complete, and total racial peace and harmony, then the 180 degree change occurred instantly at precisely 12:01 PM on January 20, 2009.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

So as expected, you have done nothing.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@sir82: It's undisputed that racial tensions before Obama took office were better than when he left office. Nothing is perfect, there will always be issues between various groups of people. A lot of people though quite correctly that racism was over when we elected a black President, it showed the world, that regardless of your upbringing and race, you can aspire to get to be the most powerful man on earth.

Obama subsequently shat all over that idea and said that racism is getting worse, that voting and accepting black people was not sufficient, no you were to submit to the black man, pay him reparations, let him take your property, your job and everything else because he was owed it because his ancestors experienced racism. The black man was never wrong, it was always an underlying racism and white supremacy to blame for every wrong, every crime and every outcome.

As a result you have people increasingly segregating themselves, you have increased black-on-black crime, situations in the 'hood' are getting worse and increased unemployment across black people. No longer were you allowed to look at a black person's criminal record when hiring (outlawed under Obama), so employers started using names and race as proxies to the likelihood of people being a criminal. Left-wing policy trying to correct perceived wrongs has always, always damaged more. This is true in environmental issues (nuclear bans -> increased coal usage), in political and societal issues.

• TD
    TD

Something tells me you didn't live in a major Eastern city in the U.S. during the 1960's.

--Either that or you honestly don't remember names like Rap Brown, Malcolm X, Stokely Carmichael, etc.

The first time I ever heard the word, "Honkey," Brown was yelling on a bullhorn, "Get yourself a gun and kill yourself a Honkey."

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Racism in in the very DNA of humans. Us vs Them has been an issue throughout all of human history. Blame makes living easier because you don't have to reflect upon your own deficiencies.

Is there racism in the U.S.? Yes. Is it worse or better than the past? Is it worse or better than in any other country in the world? I don't know.

I do know that media news networks make money off it. Red makes green. I have seen online news site posting stories of "systemic racism" in which the events took place 2 or 3 years ago. The flames are intentionally being stoked.

The biggest issue is that racism comes from fear. Fear incites a response for protection and the first and easiest form of protection the brain knows is anger. Anger does not allow for reason.

Race relations have gotten worse because people have stopped reasoning in lieu of strong emotion, primarily anger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit