Evolution Hole #1 - Origin of Life

by shadow 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I believe God, 3 billion years ago, took a major shit on Earth and all life evolved from it. My belief is just as valid as creationist's beliefs.
  • sir82
    sir82

Shadow seems to have disappeared.

Probably working on #2: "If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?"

• cofty
    cofty
    This is #1 which implies that another thread might be coming . . . Shadow

Is the next one just around the corner?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Shadow, great first post. I missed this 6 months ago. I don't understand the biochemistry as I have only studied chemistry. But I have read about the Miller-Urey experiment before. I have only read two pages so far, but I was stimulated to respond now. I will give a full response after I have read all the facts others have posted.

Actually there has been some amazing progress in the field of abiogenesis. The most interesting ideas IMO relate to alkaline vents under the ocean. I might write up the details when I get time. - cofty

Yeah you told me about that three years ago when I brought up abiogenesis. You obviously haven't had time yet. Looking forward to that thread and the one about Soai's reaction. But take all the time you need. Armageddon is not coming soon.

LUHE, cool about your biology degree, have you thought about teaching in Uni or high school?

By the way Cofty, I have never asked you before but do you have formal qualifications in science? Not that it means anything. I am just interested.

• cofty
    cofty
    Shadow, great first post.

It's a dismal OP that offers not a single word of evidence. His argument is with the dictionary.

Still waiting on Evolution Hole #2

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lol Cofty,

Did you stop reading my post after four words hahaha. I asked you a question, and you didn't reply. I realised I didn't put a question mark in though so I have edited it and it's a question, which is not rhetorical.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think the original poster has a point . Humans can't create life can't even create a red blood cell so there merit in the argument that life in its basic for must have been created. But maybe life got here from another planet or by some being like the movie Prometheus . But in all this the bigger picture to me is , if there is a creator does he care about us or the life on this planet? The evidence says no he does not.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Humans can't create life can't even create a red blood cell so there merit in the argument that life in its basic for must have been created.

No there's not!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Crazyguy, by your logic:

Humans can't create supernatural Gods either*...so they must have been created.

See where this is going? Exactly, nowhere. The argument is quite flawed.

*) Imagining things and writing books about it isn't the same as actually creating.

• cofty
    cofty
    Humans can't create life can't even create a red blood cell

I can't write a symphony. I don't even begin to understand how it is possible to do something so complex. That doesn't mean it is magic. It just means I am ignorant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit