Evolution Hole #1 - Origin of Life

by shadow 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Let me just add to the chorus - abiogenesis =/= evolution.

I hope your future attempts show a little more oomph.

• shadow
    shadow
    meanwhile, the search for intelligent life continues
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Obviously discussing abiogenesis is ok, but you mustn't be allowed to call any lack of evidence for life's origin an evolutionary hole. So yeah, permission granted.

What is your graduate degree in? - Biology.

Did it require the ability to read? - stupid question. Both konceptual99 & I were legitimately criticizing your OP.

• shadow
    shadow
    No, you weren't. I already covered your criticism in the OP
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

You should have rather titled your thread "ABIOGENESIS HOLE NO 1", than merely accusing posters of not being able to read.

Evolution has NOTHING to do with the origin of life itself.

That's why it is perfectly fine for believers in a creator god to also accept the theory of evolution.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I already covered your criticism in the OP - you should also change the thread's title. Remove the word evolution.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Not sure that evolution has absolutely nothing to do with the origin of life. I am sure I remember reading in The Blind Watchmaker that Dawkins thinks the accumulation of layers of minerals over time was a sort of pre-evolution evolution that might have sparked off life. He was attempting to show that evolution might even be able to explain the origin of life itself.
  • sir82
    sir82

This is just silly.

"I realize that football has nothing to do with the Norman Invasion but I just want to say, the fact that I don't understand football means that the Norman Invasion didn't occur."

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Evolution requires Abiogenesis or there is no evolution hence why it's always lumped in. At least in my mind. I think it's reasonable to do so for the simple fact you can't get to evolution without it. Creation doesn't requires such an event for obvious reasons.

...my degree is in computer science. At least mine has "science" in it LOL.

Joking aside I think to have a fair discussion you sort of have to concede in having abiogenesis/evolution handcuffed together since you cannot have the later without the former.

• sir82
    sir82

Evolution requires Abiogenesis

Why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit