Evolution Hole #1 - Origin of Life

by shadow 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Evolution Hole #1 - Origin of Life

...1:Evolution...............2:Origin of Life..

...............................Are 2 Different Subjects..

..........................Image result for Muppet count 1 2

.........................Evolution.........................................................Origin Of Life..

Image result for Muppet count 1 2................Image result for Muppet count 1 2

.....................There Are More Subjects I Need to Count..

...................................BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!..

..............................Image result for Muppet count 1 2

• shadow
    shadow

Evolution advocates have commented almost 100% as predicted so this thread is a complete success.

Thanks!!!

• cofty
    cofty
    this thread is a complete success

You have succeeded in demonstrating your wilful ignorance.

Evolution does not explain abiogenesis - my umbrella does not predict when it will rain.

So what?

• sir82
    sir82
    Curiously, no "creation advocates" have chimed in to support your preposterous & willful ignorance.
  • coalize
    coalize

The OP, is funny.

"I know you will answer that blacks are human, but I don't understand why we can't call them monkeys"

And 40 posts after :

"Ah ah ah...Like I predicted, everybody commented that blacks are human...nobody knows to read... complete success..."

No interest in that OP

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Evolution advocates have commented almost 100% as predicted so this thread is a complete success.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I figured the only reason someone would start a thread like this while fully acknowledging the mistake you made in the OP was so that you could avoid actually having a thoughtful discussion of the topic while being able to tell yourself "I tried."

I'm glad my instincts were right and I didn't put a lot of effort into helping you educate yourself on the topic as I normally might've.

• Landy
    Landy
    I say the evidence points to the fact that life will not develop from inanimate matter. This leads to the conclusion that life began via creation.

Someone the other day wanted a god of the gaps example.

You won't get a better one than the above.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Hadriel: Evolution requires Abiogenesis or there is no evolution hence why it's always lumped in.

Actually, no. Can't believe I'm going to say this but evolution only requires life to get going so even god could do the job.

Eurghh, I need a shower . .

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

My two cents:

If there is one thing humans like to do, it is to compartmentalize. When we get to the borders of silos, whether they are personal borders between classifiers or whether they are imposed by civilization, things tend to get fuzzy for a while, that is until a new intermediary silo can be constructed (if that intermediary turns out to be important).

Let me explain what I mean: Chemistry can be reduced to Physics. However explaining chemical reactions in terms of physics becomes not only a laborious task, but becomes so complicated that except for a bunch of crazy quantum chemists, chemical reactions are not generally described in those terms. Rather the emergent properties of chemical elements and their molecules are used to make rules that generally hold true, for example: Acid + Base --> Water + Salt. This simplifies the work of chemists considerably. Just as Chemistry is Physics, so Biology is actually Chemistry. In Nature these borders between disciplines do not exist, but in our minds and civilizations we compartmentalize these things into silos for sanity's sake.

Evolution is an emergent property of Chemistry, very particular Chemistry under very specific conditions. To me the statement 'Abiogenesis is not evolution' is moot. The emergent property of the evolutionary algorithm starts running the moment specific criteria is met. When a molecule can self replicate and the copy process code itself can be altered by itself, then the evolutionary process starts up.

Is this my own discovery? No. This is covered in a new silo christened: Systems chemistry - The chemistry of self replicating molecules.

Footnote: At its basic level I am to understand that this universe is discrete. However everything from there onwards seems to exist in a continuum due to the overwhelming quantity of these discrete interactions.

• prologos
    prologos

why would it be wrong to say that the origin of the first and only life is the first step in the evolutionary process?

Does not the incorporation of sterile matter into a living being, and bringing it "up to speed" of life, show the close connection between two? are we not all in danger of passing back into the pre-abiogenesis condition within minutes ourselves ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit