2016-07-15 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN RUSSIA New law on missionary activity

by wifibandit 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This is typical WT double speak where on a day to day basis full deference to the chain of command and organisational structure is required yet when the WTS is threatened legally then suddenly everything is the responsibility of the congregation member.

It's the same as the statements around "we don't shun", "anyone can leave", "we don't baptise children", "no one is DFed for refusing blood" and so on.

It's utter bollocks and I feel incredibly sorry for the individual Russian witnesses who will be putting their personal freedom on the line trying to fulfil a centrally pushed obligation to preach which is now being denied as such. I really hope this encourages them to ask serious questions of the organisation.

• fukitol
    fukitol

The Russkis know not to put up with religious claptrap.

Send them packing comrade.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Splash - Thanks for putting that information in one post. As much as I disagree with any government infringing on anyone's personal freedom, the WTS instructions are just going to get JWs in Russia thrown in jail. It's ABSOLUTELY NOT a "personal" ministry and every aspect is controlled by the WTS. I think that's the thing I hate the most about them. They lie and mislead on any number of subjects. If they had any balls, they would say what they really think, that they are acting under authority of Jesus as reigning king of Jehovah's organization and that the FDS is directly appointed to spearhead the preaching work that is mandated. If they REALLY believed what they teach, then why would they be afraid? Sergei from the RC videos wasn't afraid and didn't lie about what he was doing. Why is the GB?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    our personal preaching ministry is not "in order to involve other persons to be the participants (followers) of religious organization".

Wow, what a bold faced lie. The Watchtower "good news of the kingdom" is that the only way to survive into paradise is to join their organisation. This letter will lead to JWs being jailed in Russian. Poor misled sheep.

• Watchtower-Free
  • sir82
    sir82

I wonder how many Russian branch committee members will engage in a "personal ministry" as outlined in this letter?

Hypocritical finks.

• undercover
    undercover

Old Joe Rutherford must be spinning in his grave. What a bunch of pansy-assed wimps. Double speak and underhandedness.

And it's going to backfire. There's way too much documentation to show that the preaching work, and the dissemination of publications is spearheaded, and controlled, by the WTS (an American religion no less), and not a personal evangelizing effort by single individuals. Poor Russian rank & file dubs are going to get locked up, while the GB, and their brown nosers look forward to moving into their shiny, new ivory tower.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When any person personally shares with other spiritual thoughts, such as from the Bible on their own and on their own initiative, then it does not fall under the definition of missionary activity. To preach the good news of the Kingdom of God is a part of our personal ministry and worship to Jehovah. No organization directs us to preach.

Image result for Watchtower logo

Image result for legal loophole

• nugget
    nugget

They are basically saying that publishers are on their own. They must preach and share their beliefs but if they are arrested they are sharing their personal beliefs and no organisation has told them to carry out the work.

It is an example of double speak and I feel sorry for the followers who have to make sense of this.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

So the next time elders ask for our labor hours we could rightly say "it's my personal ministry so i don't need to report since no "organization" directs us to preach" .... the double talk & lies when they don't want to get sued or held liable so throw members under the bus... sickening

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit