2016-07-15 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN RUSSIA New law on missionary activity

by wifibandit 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The interesting thing is how even the instructions related to the cart work cast doubt on the WT stance.

This is from the KM 7/13...

6 Public Witnessing That Is Organized Locally: In addition to special metropolitan public witnessing, another new initiative is being organized by many bodies of elders in their local territory. With this initiative, publishers use a table or a mobile display at a busy location within the congregation’s territory boundary. This is different from special metropolitan public witnessing, which uses participants from many congregations to preach in the same high-traffic areas in cities chosen by the branch office.—See the box “Good Cooperation Needed.”
    7. Where it is practical, how will the elders organize public witnessing locally?
    7 The elders will consider whether the congregation’s territory has areas of high pedestrian traffic and determine if it would be practical to organize public witnessing. Possible locations for a table or mobile display include transportation hubs, public squares, parks, busy streets, shopping malls, college campuses, airports, and locations of annual events. There is an advantage in having a table set up in the same location, on the same days, and at the same times. It has been found that tables set up at shopping malls are more effective than those outside a single large store where individuals are usually focused on their reason for visiting that specific store. Some locations, such as busy sidewalks, may be more conducive to a smaller mobile literature display. Elders can download from our Web site special files for making displays of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines and the Bible Teach book. These files have been prepared specifically for use in this form of public witnessing. Those who participate will carry out the work in much the same way as those engaged in special metropolitan public witnessing and should follow the direction of the service overseer closely. If they obtain an address from an interested person who does not live in their territory, they should promptly fill out a Please Follow Up (S-43) form and give it to the secretary.

Note how this is organised by the elders (i.e. the congregation). The next bit is also telling...

8. If there are no organized efforts in the congregation for public witnessing, what opportunities to preach publicly may still be available?
    8 Public Witnessing in Your Personal Ministry: Some congregations may not have a location in their territory that has sufficient pedestrian traffic to justify setting up a table or making use of a mobile literature display. However, even in those congregations, publishers are encouraged to consider including public witnessing in their personal ministry. Is there a shopping area, a strip mall, or a busy store in your territory? Is there a park or a place where people gather? Are there public events that are periodically held in the territory? If so, you may still be able to enjoy public witnessing.

Note how the personal ministry does not even include the carts and is not organised by the congregation.

Double speak at it's best.

• NotNew
    NotNew

Marked for later reference...👍

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Is there a pdf of the original letter? And be great for a Russian one as well.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Disregard last post, just noticed I missed the original link

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

"We also ask that you temporarily do not use any printed literature in your own preaching ministry, use only the Bible"

Use only the Bible, what a concept!

Only electronic publications and the Bible . Printed Bible can not be used .

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

The Russian magazine without titles, with stands no longer serve, the community is closed and Kingdom Halls confiscated in favor of the Russian Federation. Go to the closure and confiscation of Bethel ))) Such cases in Russia!

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

I did a Google search...

Soph 3.9: Софония = Sofoniya = Zephaniah ‘For then I will change the language of the peoples to a pure language, so that all of them may call on the name of Jehovah, to serve him shoulder to shoulder.’

Can't help feeling like the others here - the rank and file are being told to keep witnessing...but don't expect too much help when the shit hits the fan...as it no doubt will!

HOTB

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

One thing I can always count on about you all on here is that the a regular JW may have the wool pulled over his/her eyes but not you guys here. Nope, no way. This network of here of awake people see right through it all period and I like it. :)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "What I understand from this letter is: 'Keep preaching because we told you to but if you get caught and thrown in jail we didn't tell you because it is your personal ministry so don't expect any help from us'..."

Gosh, never saw that coming.

They must miss having Covington to battle it out for them in the courts. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit