Where are the EXJW Feminist Philosophers?

by Luther bertrand 90 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Luther bertrand
    Luther bertrand
    Hello all! I am working, more in the planning stages, where I am going to offer a commentary on the Caleb and Sophia cartoons that the org puts out. I noticed a heavily patriarchal bent to the narrative that these cartoons offer. I would really enjoy working with someone who has an academic background in feminist philosophy, or at least someone knowledgeable. I wish to offer how the cartoons fit in a Mcdonaldized organizations within a male dominated sub-culture. If you are intersted in collaborating please drop me a message.
  • Hecce
    Hecce

Luther

Hope to read your findings on this subject.

The matter is too cerebral for me, a jungle boy.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Feminist philosophers??? You're joking, right? Girl brains are way too small for philosophizing..

DD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Where are the EXJW Feminist Philosophers?

In the kitchen where they belong?

Sorry, sounds interesting. How do you plan to present your findings?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Not heard from Viviane for a while. I would love to see a summary from her on the subject....
  • talesin
    talesin
    I noticed a heavily patriarchal bent to the narrative that these cartoons offer

The last time I introduced feminist thought on a thread, one person said "I feel the word patriarchy coming on." You are a man, though (possible an elder or exelder?) , so I am sure the misogynists will not attack you for using the word "partriarchal".

Feminist talk is not welcomed here. If it's mentioned, there are one or two prolific members that I guess, feel the need to be rude and demeaning (showing their ignorance). It's great that you are going to undertake this project - it is sorely needed. I'm sure there are other feminist thinkers reading the topic, and hope one of them will be able to work with you.

Good stuff! Look forward to seeing the results. xx

• cofty
    cofty

The Watchtower doesn't even pretend not to be misogynist.

Tal - I am not a feminist so much as a humanist. I believe in equality.

Modern feminism is dominated by a bunch of self-obsessed, hysterical, misandrists.

• talesin
    talesin

I rest my case.

• cofty
    cofty

Tal - Are you keeping up to date with the feminist movement in the past few years?

If you were you would know my comment is not even controversial.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

talesin '...Feminist talk is not welcomed here. If it's mentioned, there are one or two prolific members that I guess, feel the need to be rude and demeaning (showing their ignorance)...'

Do you conclude that feminist talk is not welcome here because of one or two rude and ignorant people? Just invite them to close the door quietly on their way out. Many more here will show respect to your thoughts and ideas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit