The upcoming protest at Warwick on November 5th

by UnshackleTheChains 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'll think about attending this one. The GB deserves to be hounded by the truth and the public needs to be aware of the dangers of this controlling religion.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It will just give the JW's the excuse to call....PERSECUTION!

• Alfred
    Alfred

Is this really happening or will it just be another Rick Fearon thing with 2 protestors?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This lass is ringing local churches and the general Warwick community and letting them know about the upcoming protest. She's wonderfully articulate and super approachable so makes a very good impression. I truly wish them all the best and if I lived in the USA I'd be there in a heartbeat.

https://youtu.be/FQpQK3Hr_y4

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Thanks Diogenesister.

Just watched the video you attached. She really got her point across. 👌

• LV101
    LV101

It would be great if churches (from all over) could be there to attend and hear the Watchtower horror first hand from ex-JWs.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That was a great "witness"!

Wishing you success!

• steve2
    steve2

If the protest consists of exJWs and/or those who have been adversely impacted by JW policies and practices, perfect.

But if numbers need to be beefed up by members of churches who otherwise have no known link to JW organization (because there isn't any -apart from viewing JWs as "false") it kind of takes away the focus of what the protest is about and looks like "rent-a-crowd".

But if exJWs, faders (in disguise) and others with links participate, as said, perfect.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Not sure about the idea of involving other religions, as doing so may be seen as a conflict of interest on the part of the churches involved.

It would be good to have authorities or officials from human rights type organizations who could address the issue of shunning, child abuse and the break of families due to WT policies, without focusing their doctrinal beliefs.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Not sure about the idea of involving other religions, as doing so may be seen as a conflict of interest on the part of the churches involved.

Yes Pete you have a very good point.

I think letting the religious community know about Watchtower's cruelties generally is good, because people with a belief in GOD are obviously more vulnerable to being converted.

But - as yourself and Steve 2 mention - a ' rent a crowd' from competing churches would detract from the message, and give Watchtower ammunition against them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit