The upcoming protest at Warwick on November 5th

by UnshackleTheChains 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hey all.

Just saw this video about the upcoming protest at Warwick on November 5th. It looks like some momentum is building up to it. But what I really want to know is will it have much impact? I truly hope it does!

If the media get a hold of the story...perhaps? I actually do really hope the protest is successful and that it brings attention to the plight many thousands of ex witnesses are experiencing right now, and indeed those who have suffered in the past.

I hope this protest will wake up the leadership of Watchtower so that they realise enough is enough and that they need to change, they need to reform their policies and teachings that have brought about so much pain and hurt.

The ex jw community is in a great position to stand up and make it known that Watchtower cannot continue burying their heads in the sand. Its time to take their heads out of the sand and to start showing some Christian compassion.

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise the the truth about the Governing Body and the Watchtower Corporation

I wish all those taking part the best of luck.

https://youtu.be/64xHcoOWR6Y

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I hope this protest will wake up the leadership of Watchtower so that they realise enough is enough and that they need to change, they need to reform their policies and teachings that have brought about so much pain and hurt.

HA! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

*wheeze*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

WT...compassion? ...aahhh no.

But hey, I hope heaps turn up and wish them all the best for the event.

• LV101
    LV101

" . . . wake up the leadership . . ." I appreciate your optimism but NOT A CHANCE! They be livin' good --- those good ole boys (GB members and their sidekicks).

I do hope it has an impact in some way, shape or form.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When I was in Bethel back in the late 70's there was a protest outside bethel by a large group of Hasidic Jews.

They were marching around in full garb (black hats, long black coats, long curled forelocks) marching back and forth on the sidewalk, on the Brooklyn Bridge and even up on the freeway overpass, carrying down with watchtower signs down. It was quite a sight to see from the factory windows. I'm sure it wasn't the first time it happened but in the past, events like that, never reached the congregation level. As far as the average JW was concerned, everyone in New York loved the watchtower and was thrilled to have them in the city.

• carla
    carla

It may not make any difference to jw's or the gb but things like this will help educate the general public from ever getting involved with jw's in the first place.

I would also suggest they give out the cease & desist letter to be delivered to the new headquarters. Search this site for the cease & desist if you are interested. GB address needs updating on it. I would love to see nearly an entire town sign the 'do not call' letter and the whole cong of that town wouldn't be able to go door to door! yeah, I'm dreaming.......

• LV101
    LV101

I appreciate the protest but don't think the general public is going to be joining the cult. Can't hurt -- the more truthful info about it the better.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    They were marching around in full garb (black hats, long black coats, long curled forelocks) marching back and forth on the sidewalk, on the Brooklyn Bridge and even up on the freeway overpass, carrying down with watchtower signs down. It was quite a sight to see from the factory windows. I'm sure it wasn't the first time it happened but in the past, events like that, never reached the congregation level.

The difference today is the internet. This protest will be on you tube for some time. The average curious young jdub will no doubt sneak a peak.

It may not make any difference to jw's or the gb but things like this will help educate the general public from ever getting involved with jw's in the first place

Yes. And It will be yet another significant event that will be added to the growing collection of videos exposing Watchtower.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Unfortunately the average jw will just conclude it is another sign that the end is near and consider it persecution.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is Tuesday still around? He was the guy who started this I believe. way back in 2009 or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit