Help please.

by lastmanstanding 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think that taking that step would be an all-or-nothing gamble. The WTS has come back from a lot of missteps, but changing the message from "join us while there is time" to "it is too late now" is unambiguously a statement that the end is upon us. How long could individuals preach that before it starts to become extremely uncomfortable and awkward?

You don't recover from a mistake like that.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Blondie The WTS has always said that when the great tribulation starts, there will be no way any non-jws will escape the judgment of Armageddon, the door will be closed. Then jws would go door to door telling people their destruction is near. It is an old concept that has been tweaked over the years as to details and timing

Which, if you think about it is not only full on bonkers but pretty unsafe. If your preaching work is now over......stay home!

If the GT has started, people will be pretty frightened.

If you then go knock on someone's door to tell them they're going to die and not only can they not do anything about it, but to actually gloat that YOU as a JW will be fine.......you're very likely to get someone willing to try that little theory out!🤕🤕😂

• blondie
    blondie

Diogenesister, good observations. This was said when I was a teeanger 50 years ago and keeps popping up. The WTS has adjusted the timing of the GT in relation to Armageddon several times (only an old person like me might remember). Yes, it is ridiculous to go to people's doors after the GT starts to tell them are "toast."

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I remember many years ago they said their warning work would change to a message of condemnation at the doors.

I remember this also. So many of the JW's I knew then got that "little tingle" down t heir legs as they claimed that they would soon deliver a message of CON-damnation instead of a message of salvation. Many of the ones I knew almost salivated over the thought of who they would most like to give that message to. So much for their "love" of neighbor!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Hailstone messages is what they have been saying... have not heard of "warning" as such but who knows? I am sure they will give it to the pubs at the 3 dayer this year.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If you then go knock on someone's door to tell them they're going to die and not only can they not do anything about it, but to actually gloat that YOU as a JW will be fine.......you're very likely to get someone willing to try that little theory out!🤕🤕😂

Oh but, "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

"But just in case, none of the GB will be undertaking this dangerous work. However, if any of you get the living snot beat out of you, make sure to give us all the details for the 'experiences' portion of the next convention!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit