Help please.

by lastmanstanding 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Recently, in the past few months, and this only applies to in dubs who might have taken note, the Watchtower study edition made a change. It mentioned the “warning work” where dubs are going to March around and proclaim everyone is going to die.

Anyway, this article said it was now only a possibility, not a sure thing.

I can’t find it. Did Watchtology change it already?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wow I haven't heard of this, sorry lastmanstanding.

Very interesting if they have changed it, though! Finally... a little humility creeping in maybe???🤔

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LASTMANSTANDING:

I remember many years ago they said their warning work would change to a message of condemnation at the doors.

I always wondered how they were going to pull this off. Would they go up to a door and say to the person: “Hello, we are to preach a message of condemnation to you because you did not join our religion, therefore, you will be destroyed soon along with everybody else.”

Since I am a twenty-one year Fader, I am not up to date on what they believe. Although, when I corresponded with an old JW acquaintance over a year ago, they sounded like the wicked witch and were certain this was the end because of Covid. (I think many JWs thought this.)..This person had a very punishing tone saying “they were ALL warned..” I wondered if she included ME because I’m Out of the religion. 😒.

When I had a conversation with her the end of last year her tone was a little more subdued.

• Iamallcool
  • Hellothere
    Hellothere

So what. People been warning watchtower for years they hade to change or they end up the way they are to day. Should we go too bethel, knock on there door and say. You all deserve this. Don't think so. Many thing's come from bad decision taken in the 30s. I see most JW's as victims.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has always said that when the great tribulation starts, there will be no way any non-jws will escape the judgment of Armageddon, the door will be closed. Then jws would go door to door telling people their destruction is near. It is an old concept that has been tweaked over the years as to details and timing.

• waton
    waton

since , according to current wt doctrine all anointed partakers , most prominently the eminent Governing Body cum Faithful and Discreet Slave will at the onset of the Great Tribulation depart for heaven, the wt organisation will be on auto pilot, and

may be another virus outbreak at that time will confine all wt warriors to the barracks again. Anyway, according to Jesus' words, non of this will happen as wt predicted, because he is reported to have said,

that the generation (the wt anointed) will not pass away, to heaven or the other place after and until the Gt and sundry other signs, events have occurred first.

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

Christ’s thousand-year reign will go ahead in spite of there being yet a remnant of Kingdom heirs on the earth. After a temporary post-tribulation work on earth, they will be taken into the heavenly kingdom to share with him in his reign up there, this reign being, in the case of Jesus Christ himself, a full thousand years long. Thus this remnant does not fail to have some share in Christ’s thousand-year-long reign in heaven.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Lastmanstanding:

w76 2/15 p. 111 God Wants People to Live - "However, one thing is certain: Each day that passes brings billions of people closer to death."

w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium - "Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil."

More than 7.5 billion people on planet earth are soon to be toast!

• Biahi
    Biahi

I gave a work friend a sticker I got from Diane Gholson. The sticker said, “No Visits from Jehovah’s Witnesses, please”. After a month or so, she showed me a handwritten message left in her door. It read, “ You people are going to DIE REAL SOON, if you don’t change your ways.” She did die, of a heart attack. These people are so loving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit