What do You Think About Hybrid and Electric Cars?

by Village Idiot 45 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ Bungi Bill & Simon: I live in LA where mass transportation is a joke. Some progress is being made with subways but there is the danger of earthquakes.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

VI,

Sadly, that is the case in many places (Auckland, New Zealand, being one!)

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Have I missed the promotional materials touting the benefits of electric vehicles that can pull 32' fully loaded private gooseneck trailers at reasonable highways speeds over a 2,000 mile trip? Or the OTR long haul semis?

• bohm
    bohm
    Have I missed the promotional materials touting the benefits of electric vehicles that can pull 32' fully loaded private gooseneck trailers at reasonable highways speeds over a 2,000 mile trip?

Yah.. when the Tesla investors find out you can't use the Model 3 on your daily 22-hour commute from Berlin to Moscow and back with no stops underway they are going to be soooo screwed...

• bohm
    bohm

(The invention of the airplane, 2017 version)

Inventor: "This device, the airplane, can transport people or goods at speeds of 150 mph across the countries of Europe. It will revolutionize both travel, commerce, and warfare"

(pause)

Audience: "Have I missed the promotional material explaining how it can transport a million tons of coal across the Atlantic?"

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

FedUpJW,

Have I missed the promotional materials touting the benefits of electric vehicles that can pull 32' fully loaded private gooseneck trailers at reasonable highways speeds over a 2,000 mile trip? Or the OTR long haul semis?

Tesla CEO Elon Musk revealed today, on the eve of the New York International Auto Show that the company plans to unveil its all-electric semi truck, called ‘Tesla Semi’, in September.

https://electrek.co/2017/04/13/tesla-semi-all-electric-truck-september-elon-musk/

• Village Idiot
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I just love my Prius so much, I put a V-6 in it, and it runs great! I'll keep it forever, well maybe.

• blondie
    blondie

We bought a used Prius last year for my husband's work car. He loves it; he loves that our gas bill has gone down by half. We use our van for travel, but around home it's the Prius.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I've driven hybrids (Toyota & Lexus) for the last 7 years and love them. For me it's simple: The economy of a diesel but without the rattle & noise. They are so smooth and quiet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit