Bible is good if we look for implied truth

by venus 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

Cofty,

Anybody is free to do what he/she likes to do (including “sexual abuse”, but nobody is free to choose its results. (Revelation 22:11; Prov 11:18) Everyone has to reap the consequence sooner or later. For example, there was a high profile rape case in Delhi two years back. In a running bus, a medical student was gang-raped and killed. Indian judicial system gave death sentence to the culprits sending a strong message [“country doesn’t want such people”] to all. Still there is no shortage to rape.

Not only God’s communication and His miracles, even death sentence by Governments on earth would not change people!

This is what OP is all about.

• venus
    venus

Waton,

You are right .There are few self-evident truths contained in the Bible here and there. For example, I dismiss much of the Bible as meaningless. But when I read Mathew 5:44-48 it is truth and full of benefits. Between the lines lies the commandment: “Don’t worship me, but become worship-worthy by imitating sun which is a giver (of light and warmth) and never receives anything from any body—a quality that has its source in God Himself. When you imitate qualities of sun, you become like your heavenly father.” Like sun, when I practices non-expectation from others, life is so light--whatever others do to me, I accept it without resistance.

• cofty
  • venus
    venus
    cofty

This is my experience:

In the material world of physics, every action results in an equal and opposite reaction.

In the realm of spiritual physics, every violent act I inflict on another living being (even through negative thinking) results in my bounding act of inner violence I inflict on myself.

In other words, when I think negatively about others, I am hurting myself, like the fist that holds fire burns itself.

Conversely, when I think positively about others, I am nourishing myself which in turn would fortify my immunity.

• cofty
    cofty

Venus you are just the latest in a long list of BK cult proselytizers who have pestered the forum in recent years.

They all lie about their membership of the cult, I have PMs from one of your forebears apologising for the behavior of some of his colleagues.

Your cult is evil and dehumanizing.

Please fuck off.

• venus
    venus

Cofty,

If "they lie about their membership", why are they here? Whom are they benefiting--neither them nor others? Doing something for no benefit?

What are you talking? Cofty.

Op is all about Bible, and where are you taking the subject?

When I am talking about honey, you mean to say I am talking about bitterness?

I really thought your comments came under my OP by mistake!?

• venus
    venus

Cofty,

Also, your language suggests that you belong to stone Ages. Will a civilized man use words such as “fuck off“ to a peace-loving lady? It is better you have come in contact with ladies like me. A study of over 700 people in the UK, France and Spain concluded that atheists and agnostics think of themselves as more open-minded than those of a religious bent, but are actually less tolerant to differing opinions and ideas. Religious believers “seem to better perceive and integrate diverging perspectives“, according to psychology researchers at the private Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium's largest French-speaking university.

(http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/atheists-agnostic-religion-close-minded-tolerant-catholics-uk-france-spain-study-belgium-catholic-a7819221.html)

• cofty
  • WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"atheists and agnostics think of themselves as more open-minded than those of a religious bent, but are actually less tolerant to differing opinions and ideas" - venus

When you believe in and preach bollocks it is harder to be intolerant to other bollocks because the same arguments you would use against their bollocks would also apply to yours. Therefore it is better to tolerate another's bollocks lest attention is drawn to your own...

Atheists and agnostics on the other hand don't have to worry about defending bollocks and are therefore in a better position to call the bollocks believer to account.

Also, I think a stone age man would probably also tell you to fuck off, as I doubt they were dumb enough to accept your nonsense...

• venus
    venus

Cofty,

When I reminded you about the impropriety of using “fuck off” towards a lady you again used it towards me which means you want to be where you are in the Iron Age, and thus you refuse to evolve—against the very cause evolutionists stand for. Thus your lips support theory of evolution whereas your action proves no evolution is possible.

This further reinforces the conviction of believer like me for whom every product produced in the world is the proof that no product comes without a designer which also proves more complex machine called human being should be designed by a higher designer (which is what rationality means). You think you stand for rationality; yet you are the living proof of irrationality. In the early part of your life, you jumped into a bottomless pit of religious blindness from where you made a similar jump into another bottomless pit of atheism. In either jump, God was not a factor because religion is only a means that misrepresents God, hence religionists themselves are atheists (literally, those who live without God). It is like saying there exists no earth because you found out your friend who taught earth is flat is wrong.

Cofty, Behave like a brave warrior, and don't escape from me diverting the subject dragging the name of any organization with whom I do not have any connection.

I am a lone female, ready to take on all you atheists. I challenge you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit