Freaky, unsettling, unnerving comment from Losch in his AGM talk

by FFGhost 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Like all religious leaders, they make it up as they go along. It's all just pig-swill to placte the sheeple into thinking they're on to something special. What crap.

They're either seriously deluded or just on the shill.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This is a great example of a Watchtower doctrine that has absolutely no scriptural backing. Not to mention the whole concept of Watchtower resurrection doctrine makes no sense.

The Watchtower teaches that when any human dies they cease to exist. The Watchtower teaches those Jehovah plans on resurrecting "live in His memory". Memory is memory; a token of the real thing. Ceasing to exist means you are not in any form or fashion. Therefor any person "resurrected" is a facsimile of the original person, regardless of what the body's appearance is, and is not the actual person.

In order for a person to be resurrected their essence or soul would have to be eternal and put into a new body. That sounds more like Hindu reincarnation than it does Christian resurrection. Especially if the body your essence is put into doesn't even look like you.

So the countless millions who are to be resurrected are more like a Watchtower version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It looks like you. It sounds like you. It has your memories. It's not you!

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Truth b known hit the nail on the head. Without a belief in an immortal soul there is no resurrection, you are only a copy that believes its real. Its an unspoken and dirty little logical flaw in their teachings that few care to explore because the implications are horrifying.

As for their scriptural basis for this nonsense it amounts to some who saw Jesus resurected not reconizing him right away and this “teaching” or belief is not new. I was a kid in the 80’s and heard this.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

Unfortunate choice of words.

In reality though, when anything is reconstructed, especially when not using the previous material, then by default it cannot be said it's exactly the same.

A case in point: your atoms which your body was made up of before you died may no longer be available for use, since they will be part of other things by now, and even some other people. (body decomposes, vegetation absorbs part of that through the roots, a cow eats the grass, you eat the cow, et voila, you have a bit of Bob in your big toe.) This is of course true of everyone. No one is composed of exactly the same atoms they had when they were born. In fact everyone is "recycled" many times during their lifetime.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    you are only a copy that believes its real.

There's a movie from around 15 years ago that explores that idea, albeit not exactly directly.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482571/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

we can all be resurrected with a better body

Governing Body Member Gerrit Lösch - What The Near Future Holds

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I assume that if I have a small d*ck, I'd expect to wake up with 7 inches. Or if I were a women, I'd expect to wake up with a "C-Cup" pair. You know, reasonably similar body with small improvements.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    StephaneLaliberte2 minutes ago

I assume that if I have a small d*ck, I'd expect to wake up with 7 inches.

if i woke up with 7 inches i would wonder who got the rest.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

He said that people who come back in the earthly resurrection would be given a body "reasonably similar" to the one they had prior to death.

Before dying

https://www.downgraf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Beautiful-Girls-Portraits-Illustration-001.jpg

After the Resurrection-REASONABLY SIMILAR.

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/cancer-treatment-teeth-picture-id153029084?k=6&m=153029084&s=612x612&w=0&h=F7u126CKIeVylKtnCFXYjIdcEQDJTnfitqSxC2j0h5c=

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Could be they're preparing a new possiblity. That woman IS your resurrected mother! Just because she doesn't look EXACTLY like your mother does not prove she's not your mother, brought back to life! NO, that is NOT a paid actor trying to convince you that the resurrection has begun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit