Suppose You Said "I Forgive the Watchtower"?

by metatron 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

I can forgive my mom and the other JWs who indoctrinated me in WT thinking, but i can't forgive the WT Society itself.

The WTS sounds as conniving and corrupt (even sinister) as the tobacco companies - spreading misinformation and outright lies in the hopes of hooking new converts. The more I read about their history, the more disgusted I get. I hope the onslaught of lawsuits gets them where it hurts.

Forgive people, not organizations. i guess i' m still bitter. suz

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Ahhhhhhhhh...such a very interesting subject metatron. Forgiveness. Well..I've actually been reading some books on forgiveness. I like a lot of the stuff about how if you don't forgive you're still a victim of the crime, etc. etc. But wanting to forgive and actually forgiving are two very different things. I would like to forgive; but when you've been so deeply wounded and there is no repentance on the part of those that have wounded you...I just don't know if it's possible.

I do agree with some posters here that it probably is easier to forgive individuals who are "brainwashed" by the watchtower...but the watchtower? I don't know. Jehovah (if he exists) doesn't just go around forgiving everyone...or why would there be the "second death" or whatever the heck all that stuff is in Revelation. (Man...shouldn't I remember that stuff after studying that Boooooooooooooooring book 3 timess??? Yuk, yuk and triple yuk.) And as far as I can see...the watchtower is an unrepentant murderer of innocent people through their teachings on blood, the Malawi stuff and people who just can't take it anymore and commit suicide and probably other things too numerous to mention. That IS unforgivable.

Most of the time I just wish I would get hit really hard on the head and get amnesia and maybe that would take care of everything! If you can't remember then you don't have to worry about forgiving or anything like that. Any volunteers? (to hit me over the head). Cathy L.

• garybuss
    garybuss

To forgive implies payment of a debt. To for-give means to give before. Give what? Payment of debt owed by someone else. Usually it is not prudent to pay a debt owed to me by somebody else. If I forgave everybody who owed me, I would never get a pay check from an employer. Usually the issue with the Witness people is not payment of debt, it's resentment.

Resentment is to feel again. That's a whole different subject from forgiveness of debts owed. GaryB

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

before I forgive, the other party must apologize, and that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!

• garybuss
    garybuss

An apology is a defense by argumentation. I am not open to any apology. I may be open to amends, if I could even list what those would consist of. Guess I'm not waiting or even care at this point. GaryB

• metatron
    metatron

I've suggested this approach in the context of the situation of confronting bothersome Witness relatives with a defense

that may encourage them to think.

Whether you personally decide to forgive the Watchtower is your call. Forgiveness changes me

but it doesn't change them. I can move along and make progress - so far, they can't.

metatron

• shotgun
    shotgun

Thats a tough question..I think I can forgive the Gov Body because they're all lunatics...koo..koo..quacks..bonkers...space cadets.

I'm having a real hard time forgiving myself....I was pretty much out and I let freindship and fear lure me back to something I was never comfortable with.

Why..why...why did I not do some research into this stupid religion before it swallowed me whole.

I over analyze everything else why didn't I do the same to this. Sometimes I hate myself for being so stupid and gullible.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Forgive them? Forgive them for stealing my mothers mind, for screwing up my childhood, for contributing to putting a bullet in my fathers head? Yeah, I'll forgive'em alright.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah rght, and suppose they write all that they have wronged in my life.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Forgiveness is for individuals, and done on an individual basis. The WatchTower is a corporation, a business, which takes away from the individual and gives nothing tangible in return. How does one forgive a corporation? Most of the people who set this monster in motion are dead, let God forgive them, as for the organization as it stands now, let it go down in distruction and I'll consider forgiving its bloody actions, maybe! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit