February 26, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: Witnessing in Public Places

by wifibandit 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Thanks so much WiFiBandit.

Your efforts are very much appreciated and are shared with others who do not have our freedom of speech and dare not visit our forum!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, thank you, WiFi Bandit -- much appreciated.

• Splash
    Splash
    the letters have made it very clear that witnesses are on their own doing this work. All the org do is provide the carts and literature.

Actually the org provide all the instructions, materials, governance, qualification rules, training, dress code and time slip reporting procedures.

The only thing they don't provide is protection for their unpaid employees.

• Perry
    Perry
    If a small administrative fee is needed in order to acquire space in a public area, it is to be paid by the individual publisher, not the congregation. Publishers should... see what responsibility they are taking upon themselves with respect to liability and possible proof of insurance coverage.

There, the words in bold should provide a clearer meaning.

The Watchtower merely provides you with the idols, (literature and carts).

You provide the devotion....transportation, time, gas, liability, money for the idols, cart stocking & un-stocking, salesmanship, applications, administrative fees, insurance requirements, field service reports, food & refreshments, healthcare, retirement, etc.

If there is some problem, remember that you are the one who took this upon yourself ....its not our problem.

they bind heavy burdens...on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them

with one of their fingers. - Jesus

Not much has changed.

• ambersun
    ambersun

This is very worrying. All my JW family are constantly showing pics of themselves standing by the carts in all sorts of locations, from train stations to public parks, always where there are loads of people.

The weather in the UK is very blustery at the moment and if trees can be uprooted and injure people then so can carts! Not to mention people rushing about not looking where they are going. I will try to tactfully alert my family to the dangers of being unprotected but I won't hold my breath .

• Room 215
    Room 215

"All donations that are forwarded to the branch office are used for various aspects of the worldwide work, including disaster relief, support for missionaries and circuit overseers, construction of Kingdom Halls, and the production and distribution of Bibles and other publications."

Hmm, no reference here to legal defense costs, settlement payouts.

• menrov
    menrov

Great family, the WBTS is right? we all share the burden, shoulder by shoulder. We are all companions in the same type of work, right? The most loving and secure environment, right?

Well, NOT. The WBTS presents itself more and more as a government. They create the laws and rules, request donations for their existence and provide mandatory tools to be used. The members are required to support that government but cannot put any claim on them. Not for money, not for(legal) support, nothing whatsoever.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to be associated with such an organization? The WBTS is rather destructive to ones faith than that they support it.

I know I was associated for years.....I guess I was not in my right mind.

8. Determining Who May Participate: The Congregation Service Committee will select qualified publishers to participate in this feature of the ministry. Those selected should be known to present themselves in a dignified way. Their appearance and dress should be professional, well-arranged, and modest. Those selected should demonstrate discernment and a willingness to witness in different public settings, should enjoy and promote good relations with others, should be committed to taking the assignment seriously, and should be willing to cooperate with the body of elders.

AND PAY and assume full LIABIITY.

Hahah, what requirement is this: enjoy and promote good relations with others

Apparently there are JW's who do not enjoy nor promote god relations with others.....amazing.

Publishers should widely publicize jw.org ...wow, no, do not publicize Jesus or the bible...nooooo, the motherr the website of all websites.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Apparently there are JW's who do not enjoy nor promote god relations with others.....amazing.

Freudian slip Menrov!

• Chook
    Chook

The next scam is the publishers can purchase insurance from bethel.

• minimus
    minimus

If any Jehovah's Witness decides to do this type of so-called work which essentially means standing at a box and keeping to yourself, and something happens to them physically, they are on their own! However this is nothing new. The watchtower org. Has left their adherents holding the bag for decades!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit