Update: Got my Judicial Committee cancelled

by Sanchy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Original thread HERE

UPDATE: So, after the meeting I had with elders a few weeks ago as outlined in my original thread, they met as a body and once again called to tell me that after considering my case they still thought a judicial committee SHOULD be held against me and asked to be there "Thursday at 7:30". All of this, I remind you, because of posting CoC on Facebook. I again gave them trouble over the phone and told them I would NOT be there, that instead, I'd be writing them a letter.

So I wrote the letter that night and handed it to them the next morning. In it I restated my defense in that I regretted posting the link on FB, that I had removed it, and had not posted any similar items since. I asked them again: Shouldn't they have "admonished me once and twice BEFORE proceeding to a JC, as per the instruction in their elder manual?(see original thread).

Well, they call me a few days after the letter to setup yet another meeting with 2 elders (obviously not a judicial committee). I agreed to go, and during that meeting lo and behold they tell me that they were glad to see that I had "reversed my course regarding the FB post" and thus they had decided that indeed the judicial committee should NOT take place so long as I didn't continue doing that.

I couldn't believe it. Even after 2 scheduled dates for my judicial committee to take place, they'd now reversed their course and said I was right after all in that it should be cancelled. Honestly, I don't really give a rat's ass anymore as the idea of being DF and free was beginning to sound rather attractive; but, I still feel proud to be a member of the extremely small group of those that have managed to get their judicial committees cancelled.

I hope this defense can serve well to any others in a situation similar to mine.

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds like you've got at least a friend or 2 on your BOE.

If they were all hardliners they'd have gone after you anyway.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Well done Sanchy.

The wolves hate it when someone proves that they've "gone beyond what is written" - in their own "Sacrifice the Flock of God" manual!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The key here is that you sent it in writing.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Quite an accomplishment

Congrats

• DJS
    DJS

Excellent news Sanchy,

Methinks however, that the DarkLord's wraiths are simply circling and waiting.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "I asked them again: Shouldn't they have "admonished me once and twice BEFORE proceeding to a JC, as per the instruction in their elder manual?"

And this is why Watchtower wants elders to keep the Elder's Manual hidden from rank and file JWs. When you know their rules it's easier to defend yourself against witch hunts that contravene their own rules.

• alanv
    alanv

Why not just disassociate yourself. Looks to me that your heart is not in it any more.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hey Sanchy

Knowledge is power my friend :-)

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

At this point, were I in your shoes, I would be incredibly tempted to make another apostate post on facebook. Just to let them know that 1. their system is so obviously flawed and not guided by holy spirit and 2. that you were just screwing with them to show them that you could and 3. you really don't care about any of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit