Had a wonderful visit with Mr and Mrs Flipper Sat.

by 3rdgen 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

We are all unique yet we have had the shared experience of being in a harmful cult - too true.

This alone makes for a common bond which is a perfect place to start a true friendship - I hope so, thank you.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    LUHE, You have a PM
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Hey 3rdgen, I am so jealous! I want to meet up w/all too!

I have been catching up on life after the Borg & a new job too! 3 years of taxes, organizing drawers, entering QuickBooks, Quicken.... and now, my fave... covering my two couches! YAY!! (no time to do it while in, haha, spinning the hamster wheel is tooooo much!)

Hubby has been hard at it too...

Pretty soon we just may be able to catch a day & meet up for lunch? Maybe meet half way?

Take care!

I am going to PM you ;-)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

cha ching, With more notice we might have had a chance to expand our meet-up. Next time the flippers come through it would be great to let the others we know in NorCal know and try to make it bigger.

This time had to be brief because after visiting mom they drove to another town about 100 mi away to have dinner with flipper Jr. The day was packed and kinda stressful dealing with old man flipper and the rather sad state his mother is in.

• cha ching
    cha ching

We'll keep our options open ;-)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Your story warmed my heart, thanks for posting!
  • JRK
    JRK

3rdgen,

I am glad you had a good time with the Flips. Looking forward to seeing you and your hubby again in Tahoe this year!

JK (zed)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Faye, glad you liked. Hopefully, I can meet you before too long. Seems like we would hit it off. :)

JRK aka Zed, Thanks, It was great to meet you too. BTW, I dig your avitar!

• millie210
    millie210

Thanks for taking the time to write your post out for us to read. I felt like I was there.

And it is lovely that you will be checking in on Flippers mom, older people love visits and it is so good for them!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Hi Millie, as I get older my own mortality is staring me in the face. I can't imagine how sad and lonely it would be in a rest home run by the State. I feel happier visiting mamma flipper than I ever did preaching as a Jdub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit