Did you have a fear that the demons would get you ???

by run dont walk 17 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

After reading posts on the learning from the great teacher, the part about gets playing with themselves each other makes the demons happy. I wondered how many of us were scared to death as a youngster and even in our 20's 30's that the demons were going to attack us , in our house, furniture flying at us, if we strayed from the organization or once we left the org. that they were waiting for us, just another scare tactic from the Watchtower, what a bunch of BS.

any thoughts ???

• Satanus
    Satanus

Since your words seem to be in a random order, i had to reprocess them to guess at what your question is. My answer, at 17 yrs i did lsd. It scared the crap out of me. I figured the demons had me for sure.

SS

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

no, I had always been told the demons already had me. Most of my JW life was an attempt to get away from these demons, until it got to the point of if I couldn't beat em, join em. Then when I 'embraced' the 'demon' I found freedom and peace. And I left JWs without so much as a glance behind me.

I even resolved a recurring childhood dream about demons---I actually made myself run TO the demon and hug it..... it turned into a giant chocolate cloud and I woke up tasting chocolate. Never had that dream again(I had had it for about 30 yrs, weekly.)

Ravyn

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i was utterly terrified of demons!!!! until i was like seventeen!!!! even when i thought the witness stuff was garbage, i was still scared to death of them! and in weird ways too, like when i went to bed at night, if all of my stuffed animals werent on the bed with me, i thought the demons would possess the ones that were left on the ground. but then again, i was also the kid that thought satan made mosquito bites itch, so....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ravyn

I actually made myself run TO the demon and hug it..... it turned into a giant chocolate cloud and I woke up tasting chocolate.

That took a lot of courage. So you have been addicted to chocolate ever since? If you gained an understanding of it, it would be interesting to hear it. Pm me if you want

SS

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Dear SS, hmmm well, the dream about the demon turning into a giant chocolate cloud happened while I was on a cruise ship in Alaskan waters---a totally new experience for me, and it was a very spiritual adventure up there.

Before the dream I really did not like the color brown much, it was one of my mother's colors and I did not like it. I did like chocolate tho. So when this demon turned brown at first I was like 'ick' then I smelled chocolate and I said to it in the dream "nuh-uh!"(you know like 'NO way!') and I ran into it, instead of running away from it(or trying to since it never worked that way in the dream with doors usually slamming in my face and me not being able to scream Jehovah's name....)

After the dream I had a new appreciation for brown and even started dressing in it, which was very odd for me. I even started 'liking' my brown eyes...and not scoffing when my boyfriend of the time(husband now) told me he loved brown eyes. I mean I got the whole brown eyes 'mean you are full of it'--bullcrap when I was a kid and I hated my eyecolor! My father had brown eyes and my mother had gray eyes with navy blue rings...I felt so cheated. But I noticed my brown eyes were not opaque like my father's, but they were lighter and clear like my mother's with a dark ring and light center....

as a kid too my mother was always the bad guy religiously, the weak JW, the one who stayed home while dad and I went to meetings...

it changed alot of things for me, most of them around my mother. And in fact I found out that I am so much like her, in appearance and mannerisms, that I could have easily not even had any genes from my father at all(I WISH!)...I never knew that. Even my cousin who had not seen me in 20 years almost fainted when she saw me again--she said I was my mother! I have found out much about my mother's genealogy too....lots and lots of paganism. And in fact my mother and I have more of a relationship than we have ever had. Too bad she is 75 now.

so the demons in me had alot to do with my mother in me. I got it all sorted out and stepped back and looked at it all with new brown eyes...and the demons became chocolate clouds.

Ravyn

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Nope... I never had any fear of demons. Sure, sometimes my mom would make me turn off a certain episode of the X-Files if it dealt with the paranormal, but it wouldn't bother me.

I have never had a single supernatural experience...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ravyn

Cool. From a psychological viewpoint, it's interesting because of the theory that we reject parts of ourselves. Those parts can scare us, but we need to accept them Ok, i'm taking off my doctor glasses now.

SS

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Yes I sure did. Made me very paranoid, especially after I'd purchase a new album from any band. I'd almost think I'd hear noises and throw my stuff out.

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes, it is part of the jw culture. To see how many times we have talked about this one subject, just type in "demons" under the search and swee what u get. One of my first posts was about that.

But it never hurts to discuss it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit