Did you have a fear that the demons would get you ???

by run dont walk 17 Replies latest jw friends

• c5
    c5

Yes, I would have sleepless nights in fear of the demons. I woudl remain completely still, hoping that if I did not move, they woudl not do anything, lol. We were taught they would do anything, resort to anything to turn you away from Jehovah and his organization.

Thank goodness I outgrew that. If demons do exist and if they like to bother people, I am very confident they have no interest in bothering me!

Oh the memories!

Cari Beth

• Panda
    Panda

Nope ... the really scary stuff was unfortunately human.

• Francois
    Francois

No. I never bought into that adult system of boogey men in the first place. Scary-men for adults. How could the society come up with them, how COULD they?

• blondie
    blondie
    Nope ... the really scary stuff was unfortunately human.

I agree with that, Panda. No supernatural stuff in my life; I lived with a flesh and blood demon, my father. Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

Deemonz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh ( running and hiding under my bed ) shame on francois for mentioning the boogey man .

• Swan
    Swan

I was terrified! I was so scared that when I was four or five I ran screaming from the room anytime the Jolly Green Giant appeared on television. This may seem funny now, but to a small child it was horrifying. To this day I have difficulty watching any horror movies and leave the room when my husband turns one on.

I used to feel the bed shake at night from the wind or a tremor and felt sure the demons were watching me. I would call out Jehovah's name because that's what I was told to do. I used to have terrible nightmares about demons too.

This morning I woke up in a cold sweat because of a nightmare where angels of death were coming to get me. This song kept playing through my dream and then was stuck in my mind all morning. "They are com-ing now to des-troy you!" Over and over it played and Jehovah's angels were closing in on me to cut off my head even though I hadn't done anything wrong.

You see as a child in my mind I was told demons were fallen angels, so angels, demons, Satan, Jehovah all took on the same scare factor. I am getting the willies just writing about this!

Tammy

• shotgun
    shotgun

I thought for awhile they were in my house..every little noise set my mind to thinking demons.....This was when my eyes were opening to all the WT lies and as we have all been taught demons attack us via our doubts...ahhhhhh.

Then it passed reason took over...why would a powerful spirit creature sneak around my house stepping on the occasional squeaky floorboard. Now I know it wasn't demons..it was ghosts...casper in fact..but he's a freindly ghost.

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

As a kid, I had recurring nightmares and "creepy feelings" of being watched at night. My mom and her JW friends talked about demon possession and spiritism, and it fascinated/ horrified me. I imagined I heard them whispering to me at night in taunting voices about all the bad things i did. I used to wake up screaming and feeling smothered. If read library books about witchcraft or vampires, i would then get a splitting headache, as if i was being punished. I would go ahead and read them anyway, because they were so interesting (and forbidden!).

As a pre-teen, the nightmares started occuring because of guilt about sexual curiousity. I continued to have nightmares well into my 20s, after having sex or even just "foolin' around." for a long time i was terrified to go to sleep. I am so thankful to Pfizer for those handy lil pills.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit