Why Do People Loot and Destroy When Someone Gets Shot?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I'm only trying to say we can't paint rioters with a broad brush. That's all. Their motivations are probably more complex, which does not change the damage they do.

Good grief. This is exactly the mentality that enables these folks. The people who are holding back the cops think exactly along this stupid line. "poor looters, they are just angry".

Even today when I posted somewhere that I didn't give a shit that this criminal got shot by the police, even if by error, someone cried out that what I said was terrible, because this kid as a family.

I don't give a flying fuck if he had a family. All bad people have families, and that has no bearing on their standing in society. Family or not, the minute you start preying on others, I don't give a shit if you die whichever way that is.

• minimus
    minimus

Generally most of these people who get shot are in the commission of a crime or they are wanted for a crime. They are not good upstanding citizens who sadly got caught in the middle of a crossfire and wound up dead. These people often are thieves, druggies, beaters, drug dealers, etc. WHY do they always seem to be in these situations? This is their life. Running away from the cops and feeling invincible until it’s too late. It’s THEIR FAULT they get into these situations time and time again.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This is their life. Running away from the cops and feeling invincible until it’s too late - bingo.

A year ago during the first UK lockdown, it was quite sunny and I fancied a beer so I bought myself a can of beer and walked down the street, on my way to the supermarket. I had only taken one sip when two policemen stopped me. They asked me if I knew it was illegal to drink outside along the high street during lockdown. I said no. So they told me it was and then they told me to pour the can that I'd just bought out onto the grass verge. So I did. They didn't fine me or arrest me and that was that.

Too many people have a problem with authority, especially with police authority. And in the US, where cops carry guns, this can lead to bad or sad outcomes.

Clearly, there are issues with trigger-happy cops that need sorting out, but there are also serious issues with lack of respect for authority, particularly within the African-American community. Until these serious issues are fixed, more people will end up being injured or killed at the hands of the police. <--- left-wing morons label this 'institutional racism' but it's not.

• minimus
    minimus

Love, excellent right to the point post. Civilized people work together for the benefit of society. We cooperate and we don’t try to escalate a matter until it explodes! These other people continue to poke the bear and when the bear responds they are shocked. I have to wonder if people are just stupid.

• Biahi
    Biahi

This is not racism, but when the police stop you, cooperate, if they tell you to get on the ground, do it. If George Floyd had cooperated, he would be alive today, same with that 13 year old in Chicago. On the other hand, that army officer who got pepper sprayed, cooperated, and got sprayed anyway. I think that cop was racist. At least the officer lived. If he reads this, thank you for your service. 😀

• minimus
    minimus

I see on Facebook many videos of people testing the cops if they are pulled over. Show me your badge. Get your supervisor. I’m not getting out of the car. I don’t have to tell you anything.... these vids embolden people to THINK they can simply disregard a cops requests.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    On the other hand, that army officer who got pepper sprayed, cooperated, and got sprayed anyway. I think that cop was racist. At least the officer lived. If he reads this, thank you for your service. 😀

I agree that the cop totally overreacted, but here is the thing... it all ties back to cooperation.

In that incident, while the police were trying to stop him, he decided to not stop and roll on until he decided that a gas station is the place he wanted to be stopped. You simply can't do that.

At the very minimum, stop, ask the officer if he minds going down the road to an area where you feel comfortable. Yes, he might say no, but what is the alternative?

The alternative is you deciding not to stop. The cop has no idea why, so in his mind, he is now chasing you. When you do stop, he will treat it as a felony stop, which is what happened exactly in that incident.

There is a real issue with people assuming the rules have to conform to them because that's what they want. The world doesn't revolve around you.

• minimus
    minimus

Last night on Facebook I saw more videos showing black men supposedly being hounded by white people because they are in the neighborhood walking around. Facebook is fomenting Along with YouTube this attitude that everything is racial and no one will listen to authority and it’s OK. This only will produce pain and sorrow to those who believe in this propaganda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit