New JW phrase: bouquet of truth

by ohnightdivine 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

BOT it sounds like another of those expressions that pop up from time to time.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    DDMy favorites are “New Truths” and “Cherished Errors” which were both mentioned in the same talk entitled “What is Truth.”

Oh D Dog that's hysterical!! If I'd been there I couldn't have kept a straight face!!

:)) :)) :))😂😂😂

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    “Cherished Errors”

I've not heard that one before. It's really a way of saying JWs cherish their false teachings.

Half Banana, that's a very good explanation of 'bouquet of truth.'

It's a fitting expression of JWs temporary and fleeting kind of 'truth,' it's here today and gone tomorrow, then it becomes a 'cherished error' and we move on to another lie dressed up as some pretty thing that is designed to mislead those who fail to think.

• Xanthippe
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I started a thread on that particular convention. I’m not sure where it is, but my notes were pretty much word for word.

As a matter of fact, I have an open challenge to any Dub. If they can prove they have the truth by their own “Criteria Of Truth” as presented at that convention, I’ll go back to being a Dub and I will beg forgiveness for speaking against the GB. I will also tell everyone my real name. Heck, I’ll make a YouTube channel and confess everything.

I’m still here if that tells you anything.

DD

• Half banana
    Half banana

DD I must say that "cherished error" just about sums up the whole JW racket from beginning to end.

• ohnightdivine
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

WooHoo

DATA-DOG wins the eternal meat tray and carton of the best beers for winning the un-challengeable challenge. Even before any potential losers accept

jtg

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

“... bouquet of truth...”

I guess WT/ GB wants you to think of something sweet smelling, something beautiful, something pretty and to be desired by the eyes (bwhahahaha...!)... something presented in an acceptable and appealing way (more bwhahahaha! lol!!)... a lovely loveliness of delightful odors (like the sweet, “restful” smell of burning flesh offered in sacrifice to the most holy Jehovah....)

... and to pay more than the usual attention to these holy sweet representations of truth - never mind dying horribly at Armageddon if you don’t embrace these bouquets of truths, which change muchly on occasion, like the blood fractions thing, or the generation thing, or the GB/faithful and discreet slave thing.... or a multitude of other things, very important, life-changing things.... like education, choosing a marriage mate, having children, choosing a career... all minor, unimportant things to them in comparison to obedience and submission (humble submission, that is) to the great Gazoo, excuse me, to those taking the lead, and the GB, and so on up the ladder till you reach the great pumpkin that rises out of the pumpkin patch on Halloween night, oop, I mean the great jehovah god the almighty .... (and even Satan doth present himself as an angel of light)...

... but all these bouquets are still “truths” somehow, even cherished errors since we believed them in faith and love and obedience and humble submission... (truly I tell you that those killing you will imagine they are committing a sacred act toward god)... smelling and breathing in these hypnotic, repetitive teachings over and over again, as they repeatedly told us how wonderful were these words, and how appreciative we must be to even hear them, we lowly worms, like Jacob... like grasshoppers....

We to cherish these precious, sweet-smelling bouquets of truth... (and Satan doth present himself as an angel of light.... )

... and though we “not to become worshippers of men” .. nor put our trust in nobles or in the sons of earthling man who have no power of salvation, except the Governing Body, of course. And their sweet bouquets of truth...

.... and then find refreshment for one’s soul.... (and they bind heavy loads upon the shoulders of men.....)

Well. I wandered and sequeyed (sp?) a bit. Heavy sarcasm, in case anyone needs to be told.

🌷

• Listener
    Listener

I've seen some beautiful bouquets but they all have one thing in common - they last for a very short time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit