An interesting reasoning for the existence of God (from JW public talk)

by anointed1 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anointed1
    anointed1

steve2, scrtachmore1010,

One beautiful flower! Yet a poet, a devotee, a lover, flower-merchant, a worm, scientist … all will have different view and comments about it. So is the case with the simple illustration I heard in the PT. But I still know deep within my heart that this is the best comparison I have heard on the subject because it accomplishes two major things:

1) It shows that “it takes a writer to do the writing (life) in other parts of the universe” which points to the fact that God is needed for life forms to appear in universe which is otherwise like a barren woman.

2) If evolution were a fact, the whole universe would have filled with life-forms (just like a field becomes filled with weeds as the passes by) in view of the (virtually) infinite time that has already passed! This is something we can testify in our present age of sophisticated technology. If evolution happened and reached the present stage without any external guidance, that would also mean that we can accomplish more with external guidance and advanced technological intervention and equipment—yet we were unable to prevent extinction of many species that have already happened and how are we going to prevent extinction that is now under way? Will it happen even if we put all our sophisticated technology, tools and all the laboratories in the world?

• schnell
    schnell
    If evolution were a fact, the whole universe would have filled with life-forms (just like a field becomes filled with weeds as the passes by) in view of the (virtually) infinite time that has already passed!

Not every place in the universe is hospitable or conducive to life. Might I add that you are made of the most common elements in the universe, with the exception of helium, because it is inert.

yet we were unable to prevent extinction of many species that have already happened and how are we going to prevent extinction that is now under way?

That's usually because we killed them directly or indirectly, and usually with our technology. There is a reason we don't have as many such large land mammals anymore.

• anointed1
    anointed1

schnell said: “Not every place in the universe is hospitable or conducive to life.”

Such exceptions are understood and are too insignificant in view of the fact that billions of galaxies exist in the universe, and many universes can exist in different dimensions ....

• schnell
    schnell
    Yes. How does this disprove evolution exactly? Have you visited all the planets that could support life and found none? Can you define evolution, anointed1?
  • anointed1
    anointed1

What I meant was this: If evolution were a fact, after reaching the present stage without external guidance, it would have taken a more qualitative turn in the same direction of evolution because now there is guidance and sophisticated tools available with man to take the evolution forward. Yet

‘We are in the middle of a race between human skill as to means and human folly as to end.” (Bertrand Russel)

• never a jw
    never a jw

Anointed

Quoting Bertrand Russell??

So you trust him as an authority. Interesting. Search what he has to say about your ideas

• schnell
    schnell

If evolution were a fact, after reaching the present stage without external guidance, it would have taken a more qualitative turn in the same direction of evolution because now there is guidance and sophisticated tools available with man to take the evolution forward. Yet

‘We are in the middle of a race between human skill as to means and human folly as to end.” (Bertrand Russel)

No, if evolution were a fact, genetic frequency and heritable traits would change over time and succeeding generations in biological populations.

This does not prevent a species from driving itself into extinction, if that is what you're vaguely saying in the above paragraph.

• anointed1
    anointed1

Dear schnell,

I have no problem with Theory of Evolution because even this theory indirectly praises God:

1) Theory of evolution indirectly believes that there is some cause behind everything (which would ultimately reach God)

2) In the evolutionary stages, we find plants coming earlier than animal species and home sapiens. Plants serve not only as life-support systems but also as means for enjoyment of life. Caring for support and enjoyment of others means love. Thus theory of evolution indirectly teaches life is impossible without love.

• anointed1
    anointed1

Even other evolutionary concepts such as adaptation, survival of the fittest imply competition. This too suggests that there is a natural justice—you reap according to your effort. Competition implies ego, and this negative traits of ego and its blame-game indirectly send out some good messages. Individuals and even organizations engage in blame game to the point that we feel that people are incorrigibly self-righteous. Why the reluctance to admit mistake? Because there is something pure and divine each person feels deep within himself which does not make him feel ‘it is ok committing something wrong and be comfortable with it.” This discomfort is the proof that we are somehow connected with God.

• schnell
    schnell
    If evolution were a fact, the whole universe would have filled with life-forms (just like a field becomes filled with weeds as the passes by) in view of the (virtually) infinite time that has already passed!
    I have no problem with Theory of Evolution because even this theory indirectly praises God:

So, you've changed your position. That was easy. Now what is your definition of God? How do you see it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit